Now somebody tell me if that was a red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now somebody tell me if that was a red

card offense? Fletcher played the ball cleanly. The Gummers playing dirty now, and the ref making some stupid calls.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

So all of a sudden everybody turn mutes?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      card offense? Fletcher played the ball cleanly. The Gummers playing dirty now, and the ref making some stupid calls.
      Clear penalty!
      Clear red!

...leave the ref alone. He was on your side...not that you needed it...all night long!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I will review the play when I get home. Make sure you are right, because the play that I saw on my computer showed Fletcher connecting with the ball first and the Arsenal player falling over.

Comment

Haven't seen it but if Karl says it is a clear red card offense, I can bet good dollars it isn't!

I'll give you my learned opinion when I see it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh nuh know ... if it was Manu that benefitted from that penalty, you wouldn't hear the end of it.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I will review the play when I get home. Make sure you are right, because the play that I saw on my computer showed Fletcher connecting with the ball first and the Arsenal player falling over.
              The only thing I can say - Why do they make these silly rules?! In my days - Penalty! Not even a yellow (caution). Where is the 'unfair' intention of the defender?

It is silly rules like that one that suggests the defender must just step away and allow goasls to be scored.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Haven't seen it but if Karl says it is a clear red card offense, I can bet good dollars it isn't!

I'll give you my learned opinion when I see it.
                The rules Mosiah - Goalscoring opportunity. Last man but one ('keeper) back!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  The only thing I can say - Why do they make these silly rules?! In my days - Penalty! Not even a yellow (caution). Where is the 'unfair' intention of the defender?

It is silly rules like that one that suggests the defender must just step away and allow goasls to be scored.
                  Unless you can get in a fair tackle, yes, step aside and allow goals to score or pick up yuh red card! That's what Friedel should have done!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Friedel did try to step aside, and the cluts Torres nearly run over the man and kill him.

Comment

"Try to" not good enuff! Get out of the way completely!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Surely wasn't a red card but I would more blame the linesman because if the ref is behind he could think that Fletcher miss the ball but the linesman is suppose to see that one.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Perfect statement! Let's hope the linesman wasn't a mere spectator.
                          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                            Perfect statement! Let's hope the linesman wasn't a mere spectator.
                            Did you see Fletcher's hand on Fabregas' shoulder?
                            You really do not think it was a 'love tap' saying 'gwaan man, bus a shat!'?

Penalty!

Did you see Fletcher's leg strike Fabregas' thigh before reaching around to tap the ball? You do not think Fletcher had the right to go through Fabregas before playing the ball?

Penalty - two times over!

Comment

Karl, Tommy whatshisname, onion bag man disagreed with you. I only saw the replay once. In real time it looked like a clear penalty but the replay suggested Fletcher did reach the ball first. if you can provide a video that can be scrutinised I might take a look, but...

... this debate is purely academic at this point; ManU was not about to cave in at that point (of the penalty) and so to me it was not a critical call...and the deep and broad team mus can survive without Fletcher for a game.
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X