• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This fool thinks too highly of himself

and he is certainly no TH14

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 10:59 AM on 06th May 2009

Emmanuel Adebayor says Arsenal have gone backwards and has pleaded with Arsene Wenger to bring in fresh blood.
    The Togo striker insisted he would not walk away this summer, but believes the club's problems were laid bare by their humbling at the hands of Manchester United.
    United condemned their rivals to a fourth successive trophyless season with a 3-1 victory on the night to add to a 1-0 first leg win in the Champions League semi-final.

Outgunned: A frustrated Emmanuel Adebayor vents his anger against United

All over: Cesc Fabregas looks dejected during defeat by United

Adebayor was often isolated in attack, surrounded by inexperienced players after the departures last summer of Alexander Hleb, Mathieu Flamini and Gilberto Silva.
    'I think we have taken a step backwards,' said the 25-year-old. 'Not only me, but the team. We need some players. We had Hleb gone to Barcelona, Flamini gone to Milan and it was quite difficult to play.
    'The team are quite young and we have tried to make the best of everything. Don't forget, I was injured three times this season.
    'At the beginning of the season it was quite difficult but we have showed we have passed that moment. Now what are we going to achieve next season. That's what we have to fight for.'
    As for his own future, Adebayor has again been linked with AC Milan as the season draws to a close.
    The former Monaco striker has previously done little to dampen speculation, talking openly about how flattered he was to be on the radar of the Italian giants.
    Adebayor was close to joining Milan last summer but has now declared this latest setback would not prompt him to leave.
    'Before signing for Arsenal, people were telling me I have the chance to win things,' said the striker, who joined the Gunners in January 2006. 'Now I am empty-handed but I don't have any reason for leaving until I get the trophies that I came here for.'
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Him right !! We need a striker who is not OFFSIDE so many times and gives away the ball, breaking down the play as often...Sell him and get Benzema !
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
      Him right !! We need a striker who is not OFFSIDE so many times and gives away the ball, breaking down the play as often...Sell him and get Benzema !
      Foolishness ... Adebayor playing for a Manu, Liverpool, Milan etc would score more goals. Most of the times the youth is offside is because his teammates take too long to make the blasted pass.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Just like Bedtner (sp), he is not as good as he thinks.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Offside is just an excuse Lazie. If he is not getting the ball then he needs to either start a little deeper, make better runs stop over anticipating the ball going to come to him.

The offsides has to be mostly on HIM.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Agreed the offside thing is mostly on Ade but come on bredrin, he is getting no service or help up front and as a result he looks very ordinary. The only consistent bright spark in our midfield has been Alex Song...this youth is a general. Diaby a bug, and Walcott need fi tek a differnt number and give back Henry's number 14, because he is not worthy.

Comment

I guarantee you Bendtner is way better than most of you think. I said this before, he is not flashy but very effective and Arsenal always get goal scoring chances when he is on the field...wi better keep this youth because if we don't we may regret it.

Comment

Walcott needs some pums feh man up. Him need a ghetto slam. Him too soft. Tactics and skill level of Manu got the better of Arsenal yesterday. When they are playing lesser teams, they look pretty, but raise the level........

Comment

yeah I agree the midfield kinda lightweight still but the Russian going to add some punch, Nasri not too bad so hopefully the boss can bring in one or two other players and one and two young one will step up. The youth Ramsey is highly thought of so he may develop.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why dont that clown shut is mouth,they should just give him away free of charge

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                      I guarantee you Bendtner is way better than most of you think. I said this before, he is not flashy but very effective and Arsenal always get goal scoring chances when he is on the field...wi better keep this youth because if we don't we may regret it.
                      I'm gonna say this now,Bendtner will be a better player than Adebayor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Why dont that clown shut is mouth,they should just give him away free of charge
                        Damn ... who is unuh leading scorer in the CL?
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Damn ... who is unuh leading scorer in the CL?
                          Honestly,i couldn't care.A shoulda Fergie that clown a play for and see weh him woulda get.He should concentrate on playing football and leave the running of the club to the appropiate people.Most Arsenal fans want to see the back of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            Foolishness ... Adebayor playing for a Manu, Liverpool, Milan etc would score more goals. Most of the times the youth is offside is because his teammates take too long to make the blasted pass.
                            You must a talk bout the Adebayor that plays for manu !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                              Agreed the offside thing is mostly on Ade but come on bredrin, he is getting no service or help up front and as a result he looks very ordinary. The only consistent bright spark in our midfield has been Alex Song...this youth is a general. Diaby a bug, and Walcott need fi tek a differnt number and give back Henry's number 14, because he is not worthy.
                              even when he gets help he tends to disappear in the big games...

Comment

Working...
                              X