RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘I don’t want to be president’Downswell not interested in Westmoreland FA top job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘I don’t want to be president’Downswell not interested in Westmoreland FA top job

‘I don’t want to be president’Downswell not interested in Westmoreland FA top job

By PAUL A REID Observer West writer

SAVANNA-LA-MAR, Westmoreland

Technical Director of Reno FC Wendell Downswell has denied rumours that he will be challenging Everton Tomlinson for the top post in the Westmoreland Football Association (WFA) at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled for next month.

He, in fact, laughed when the OBSERVER WEST asked him about the rumoured challenge. He said he had “heard rumours and someone had told him about an article” that was published, but hastened to add that he had no interest in the position.

The former national technical director said trying to juggle the office of president of the WFA and his coaching duties would be a stretch and one he would not want to even attempt.

Tomlinson, meanwhile, is expressing confidence that he will win a fourth term when the elections are held, irrespective of who he goes up against. He said that elections are due to be held in December but said that was not a major concern for his executive right now as they had just started their season with a Knockout competition and were focussing on doing what they were elected to do.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.
Working...
X