• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes clears air on local contract

Barnes clears air on local contract
    Published: Friday | May 8, 2009

Jermaine Lannaman, Gleaner Writer

John Barnes, head coach of the Reggae Boyz, said on Tuesday that the terms and conditions of his contract with the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) do not make it possible for him to fully commit himself to being in the island.

Responding to questions posed by the media at the end of the launch of Digicel's second staging of its Kick Start Clinic, of which he is the chief convenor, Barnes slammed his critics by explaining that his current contract, which ends in July, does not allow him to relocate his family to Jamaica and, as such, he has had to be balancing his time accordingly.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...s/sports3.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mosiah (BB) what do you think will happen to John Barnes after July ending.

PB (Coach)

Comment

I suspect that Barnes will be out of here after July, no matter what happens in the Gold Cup. Not sure if he'll be leaving for a coaching job in England, finally, but he's gonna leave our shores.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Extremely big loss for Jamaican football if and when Barnes leaves.

Tappa is fairly good but his contribution is finite--but Barnes is value added...lots more bang for the buck.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Unless Barnes get another job he is not leaving.
          The JFF nuh have money and if Barnes is wining then they will keep him. Paul Ince mess up Barnes future up a England.

Barnes while missing family have it kinda nice. He is coaching which he wants to do, at the same time writing columns, and doing Digicel thing. As long as he is coaching Ja his option is open which he will not have anywhere else.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think you are right on Barnes.

BTW: Nice hanging out last saturday!!

Let's di it again!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yeah man we will link up soon again.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

John Barnes will be missed if he goes in July.I think that would be a bad for Jamaican football.

Comment

wow.....you are so insightful! nuh wonder you are the resident prophet!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What would be sweeter for Barnes than to lead Jamaica olympics football team to victory over Great Britain in 2012?

Barnes a nuh idiot and this Jamaica deal is a nice one for him because until a firm offer comes up he can do other things.

The only thing is if him wifey want him fi stay.

Comment

Working...
                    X