Xcuse, PeterR, Paul Marin and Mosiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xcuse, PeterR, Paul Marin and Mosiah

Unuh see why the owners never waan gi Rafa control over the purse strings. This is exactly how he wasted millions over the five years that he has been there.

Liverpool boss Benitez lines up �12m bid for Middlesbrough winger Downing

12 May 2009 - 02:16:56
    Liverpool boss Benitez lines up �12m bid for Middlesbrough winger Downing
    Stewart Downing has emerged as the preferred choice to solve Rafa Benitez's need for more width and will be the subject of a £12m bid by Liverpool at the end of the season.

Tottenham's Aaron Lennon was also in the frame, but Benitez has switched focus to the left flank and Middlesbrough winger Downing,after being impressed by Dirk Kuyt's impact on the right this season.

Benitez said: 'Someone called him Mr Duracell, and that is a good description for him, because he is like the bunny in the advert. He is always on the go, always running.'
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

What dem gonna do with Downing when Babel cyaan get a game?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Me seh it arready - Benitez is a ******************** eediat!!! Downing is a second-tier baller and is not better than Babel. Even Benayoun (sp) can play the left wing.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Me seh it arready - Benitez is a ******************** eediat!!! Downing is a second-tier baller and is not better than Babel. Even Benayoun (sp) can play the left wing.
        I do hope they buy Downing. You're aware that Downing hasn't scored a goal all season in the BPL?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Jangle, before you jump to the conclusion that the story is right - and I think that it may not be - you should also realise that there may be players who may want to move on. You mention Babel. Have you thought that maybe Babel will be leaving on his own accord? If so, what would we do on the left with only Riera?

You also ignored the fact that Rafa did not control the purse strings which has lead to much of the problems at the club. As soon as Rafa won the war with Parry, the club's on field fortunes changed.

My position has been for YEARS (back to the Houllier regime) that Rick "coco the clown" Parry was a HUGE problem for our club. A perfect example of it was his about-face with DIC when he became aware of a DIC "exit strategy memo". The jackass Parry then - at the 11th hour - convinced chairman David Moores to sell to the Americans. Had he not done that, Liverpool would have had significantly more funds to build a squad than under the yanks. I have a hundred more examples of his incompetence. It has severely hurt the club (and almost cost us losing Gerrard).

Lastly, to say that Rafa has wasted MILLIONS on players is unfair as he was often forced to buy players that he did not want or that were his second or third choices (e.g. Keane). This will now go away with Parry leaving...and not a moment too soon. Rafa will bring the title to Anfield within the next 2 years. I guarantee it. If he doesn't I will buy you an official manu shirt (but excuse me if I wipe my as$ with it first before I send it to you)

YNWA.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Mek me see who him a go blame when him sell him back for 3 million five months later, now Rick Parry as gone.

Comment

Dunny - that will not happen. Realise that the last few years under Rafa has been an experiment. In the first few years, everyone was on Rafa about rotation; however, not a word about it this year. Why? Because he used rotation in prior years to help determine what kind of squad he needed. This year, the noise is about spending (Keane being the big impetus). If he goes out and buys big it won't be for another Roy Keane, but for another name brand player like Tevez or Villa. Those players are hardly likely to lose their value unless he over pays for them, which is unlikely. I don't think Rafa will blame *anyone* but he may blame a situation. There is no question that he now has the power, whether he has the money is another story.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

"If he doesn't I will buy you an official manu shirt (but excuse me if I wipe my as$ with it first before I send it to you)"

Comment

Working...
                X