Skrtel dubs Reds 'best team in the country'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skrtel dubs Reds 'best team in the country'

Martin Skrtel claims that Liverpool have recently been a better team than champions-in-waiting Manchester United.
    United are six points clear of their rivals from Merseyside and just one shy of wrapping up the Premier League title despite losing to The Reds in both their league encounters this season.
    Despite a mid-March wobble, Sir Alex Ferguson’s side have moved seamlessly through the gears and once again proved their mettle to shrug off Liverpool’s most persistent challenge for years.
    Despite their consecutive defeats to both Rafa Benitez’s side and Fulham, United have still taken 33 points from 13 league games since the start of February in comparison to Liverpool’s 32 in the same period….a stat that would appear to fly in the face of Skrtel’s assessment: “I think we’ve been the best side in the country for the last few months, definitely.
    “We will try to win every game next year and win the title,” he added. “I think we’ve made a big step forward. Last season we had some problems and finished fourth.
    “We’ve beaten United and Chelsea twice and drawn twice against Arsenal. These are big things. We’ve played really well. The thing that has let us down is not so good results against lower teams.
    “We couldn’t win against Stoke at home or away, and other small teams.
    “But we’ve done well against the big teams. We have to remember this and build on it for next season and fight for the title again.”
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

so if you can't win against the small team and win against the big teams that make you the best?

So what that make Stoke?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assassin, Liverpool's downfall this season came from exactly that (not beating the small teams) but the other factor which is often overlooked is that Gerrard and Torres only started 16 games (or thereabouts) together all season. With Liverpool's lack of depth, that little factoid alone probably more than anything else cost them the title. This is why the team desperately needs another goal scoring midfielder and another lone striker type up front. Drogba would be perfect if he could find the target again.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
      X