Reggae Boyz Squad for upcmoing matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz Squad for upcmoing matches

Digicel Premier League (DPL) leading goal scorer Devon Hodges of Rivoli United heads a list of eight first time invitees to the Reggae Boyz squad which assembles in camp on Monday May 18, ahead of Jamaica’s friendly international against Haiti on Saturday May 23 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The 24-year-old Hodges, has so far netted 23 goals in the DPL, and similar to Harbour View’s central defender Dicoy Williams and Tivoli Gardens central midfielder Jerry Walters has never featured for Jamaica at any level previously.

Of the other first-time senior invitees, the Boys’ Town duo of George Vernal and Michael Campbell, Bryan Bayliss (Portmore United), Kenardo Forbes (Waterhouse) and Nicholas Addlery of the Puerto Rico Islanders have all represented the country at the youth level.

The 30-man squad is largely local-based and includes other notables such as Meadhaven’ Keammar Daley who figured prominently in Jamaica’s silver medal performance in the 2007 Pan American Games in Brazil. Making a return to the national fold after missing the World Cup qualifiers and the Digicel Caribbean Championships in December is the Norway-based midfielder Khari Stephenson.

The veteran Ian Goodison, Queens Park Rangers’ player of the year, Damion Stewart, his age group team central defensive partner Claude Davis, midfielder Jason Morrison, the Wolfe brothers Wolry and Rafe complete the list overseas-based players invited.

Full Squad:Goalkeepers- Shawn Sawyers(Portmore United), Dwayne Miller(Harbour View), Duwayne Kerr(Portmore United);

Defenders- Claude Davis(Derby County), Damion Stewart(Queens Park Rangers), Ian Goodison(Tranmere Rovers), Eric Vernon(Portmore United), Andre Campbell(Portmore United) Adrian Reid(Portmore United), Desmond Breakenridge(Arnett Gardens), Keithy Simpson(Vancouver White Caps,
    Canada) Dicoy Williams (Harbour View), Lance Laing (Harbour View), Rafe Wolfe(Ferencvaros);

Midfielders – Jason Morrison(Ferencvaros), Wolry Wolfe(Ferencvaros), Khari Stephenson(Aalesunds FK), Richard Edwards(Harbour View), Oraine Simpson(Tivoli Gardens), Jerry Walters(Tivoli Gardens), Bryan Bayliss(Portmore United);

Forwards – Nicholas Addlery(Puerto Rico Islanders), Roland Dean(Tivoli Gardens), George Vernal(Boys’ Town), Keammar Daley(Meadhaven), Newton Sterling(Arnett Gardens), Navion Boyd(Tivoli Gardens), Kenardo Forbes(Waterhouse), Michael Campbell(Boys’ Town) and Devon Hodges(Rivoli).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Opps ... I thought Eric Vernon had moved overseas.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I'm excited to see players called up such as Newton Sterling, Keamar Daley, Richard Edwards, Michael Campbell, Rafe Wolfe, Nicholas Addlery, Eric Vernon, Jason Morrison and Khari Stephenson. I saw Campbell scored a brilliant goal against Rivoli in the Flow Champions Cup when I visited Yard recently, just like a striker should! However, Devon Hodges who's highly touted, performed poorly in the same match and his team lost 4-0. I am not going to use just one game to judge him because that would be unfair, plus he's the leading scorer in the DPL with 23 goals so he must have some use, and his team is not that great to provide him with the support he really needs upfront. All that said he just didn't look anything special to me and neither did Navion Boyd in the second game. In fact Boyd did some crap in the game and faked being hurt everytime to cover embarassment...a player sitting close to us laughed everytime he did it and seh mi know da trick deh! The are still young and can improve so let's wish them all the best and hope that they rise to the occasion and impress us all. I would love to see Sterling, Daley, Campbell, Edwards and Rafe Wolfe make the team...they are quality players.

Comment

Wow! A poster who is actually dumb enuff to be interested in Jamaican football! Welcome, Sensi!

Navion Boyd is better than he looked that day. Smart, thinking player, but when him head really tek him, look out for that red card! Good player still!

Sterling is perhaps the only pure box striker we have in the league. If that's what the coach wants, he's in. Big and strong and will buck the fleas off that cow skin!

Keammar - pure quality. Some of the best close ball control skills I've seen locally until I saw this player from Frome yesterday! 25 Adus? More like 250!!

Edwards has had a stellar season. Dicoy Williams, the find of the year in defence for HV. Bayliss from Portmore, confident and skilful.

Addlery - what a great season for the Islanders thus far. Has scored some quality goals. Good, humble, positive youth!

Pity none a dem a go see di Gold Cup.

Send fi di Sprat dem!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well mosiah i hope you are also excited to see tyrone mears and danny simpson andpossibly e-banks blake oh and lets not forget pratley

Comment

Doesn't Ebanks-Blake play for England's U-21s?
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Wow! A poster who is actually dumb enuff to be interested in Jamaican football! Welcome, Sensi!

Navion Boyd is better than he looked that day. Smart, thinking player, but when him head really tek him, look out for that red card! Good player still!

Sterling is perhaps the only pure box striker we have in the league. If that's what the coach wants, he's in. Big and strong and will buck the fleas off that cow skin!

Keammar - pure quality. Some of the best close ball control skills I've seen locally until I saw this player from Frome yesterday! 25 Adus? More like 250!!

Edwards has had a stellar season. Dicoy Williams, the find of the year in defence for HV. Bayliss from Portmore, confident and skilful.

Addlery - what a great season for the Islanders thus far. Has scored some quality goals. Good, humble, positive youth!

Pity none a dem a go see di Gold Cup.

Send fi di Sprat dem!
              Nice to see the general Keammar Daley in there,i hope he makes a good impression.

Comment

I hope he does!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah stop talk crap. You think HL watch Tivoli/Boys Town pon Fox because him can't sleep?

Mosiah a nuff man interested in Jamaican ball game even more than nuff man a yard. Can you explain how when local boys play the game them empty and man a get booed?

Not because nuff a we can't see the youth them on a regular basis, means that people have no interest.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                    Doesn't Ebanks-Blake play for England's U-21s?
                    it was a friendly i think not a qualifier so he is still open for JA

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
                      it was a friendly i think not a qualifier so he is still open for JA
                      Well, don't hold your breath...
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

I really hope that none of these guys ever play for Jamaica, in fact I hope that they all get their wish and play for England. Gold Cup is less than two months away and their season is basically done, so if they really wanted to play for us then they would do what Burton and company did and find themselves in Ja. sooner than later. The thing that gets me is that these guys aren't even that good to be dissing anybody, they are just plain lucky that their passports give them the chance that they now have. I am 100% for any overseas player representing us as long as he has the right attitude and commitment just like Burton , Hall or Campbell-Ryce. Our local players just need the time and right environment to develop in order to show their class, and I guarantee you all that young Keamar Daley is better than any English born player who ever represented Jamaica!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                          I really hope that none of these guys ever play for Jamaica, in fact I hope that they all get their wish and play for England. Gold Cup is less than two months away and their season is basically done, so if they really wanted to play for us then they would do what Burton and company did and find themselves in Ja. sooner than later. The thing that gets me is that these guys aren't even that good to be dissing anybody, they are just plain lucky that their passports give them the chance that they now have. I am 100% for any overseas player representing us as long as he has the right attitude and commitment just like Burton , Hall or Campbell-Ryce. Our local players just need the time and right environment to develop in order to show their class, and I guarantee you all that young Keamar Daley is better than any English born player who ever represented Jamaica!!
                          100% agreed

Comment

Working...
                          X