Orgill a touch of history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orgill a touch of history

This is an excerpt I took from the match report for the white caps game against Rochester......:

As the match entered the 90th minute, the Whitecaps claimed a consolation reward and created club history at the same time. Toure made another searching run into the Rhinos box from the left flank before slipping a pass to substitute Orgill. The Jamaican youth international teed up a low shot that beat Vallow in the Rochester goal to make it 2-1, with the youngster celebrating his strike with a back flip. As a result, the 19-year-old became the first player from the Whitecaps Residency program to score a goal in a men's team match.

Thordarson feels there is more to come from the talented Orgill. "Though he's young and inexperienced, he scored a great goal tonight. We know that he is capable of doing that," he told reporters after the match. "Slowly and surely, he will get more minutes in our coming matches, and I think we have a lot of things to look forward to with him in the future."

Edit: I wanted to add the link to Orgill's goal. It approx. at the 2:40 min mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1E_NzcEZfg - T.K.
    Last edited by T.K.; May 18, 2009, 07:08 AM.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Nice summersault and good goal too.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Good post, TK!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Keep the abundance of talent going.

Good going youth, I hope to see you in Europe next year if you continue.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X