No announcement yet.

Evra: Ref told me he’d protect me from Arsenal thuggery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what they say...ususally it looks to me like they're telling them to calm down or watch it or to give them a warning... I don't know if they say" don't worry I'll protect you". if they did my opinion is as stated.

And FYI I didn't know I was "complaining" about anything...merely making an observation to foster a healthy exchange of ideas.
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      I don't know what they say...ususally it looks to me like they're telling them to calm down or watch it or to give them a warning... I don't know if they say" don't worry I'll protect you". if they did my opinion is as stated.

And FYI I didn't know I was "complaining" about anything...merely making an observation to foster a healthy exchange of ideas.
      He was hacked how many times, then according to one commentary he got offended, hence the talking to from the ref. Isn't it the ref's duty to protect the players? I guess if Rooney had buss one pon Francess y'all would be up in arms.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Evra was like a marked man on Saturday.

I wondered what was going on....?
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

A "healthy exchange of ideas" is impossible with Lazie if Manu is involved. Were this a discussion about an LA Galaxy player you may have gotten an honest response from him. Unfortunately, he sees any possible criticism of his team (by him) as a potential sign of weakness, which as the rest of us know, it's not.

As a Liverpool fan, I can tell you that had a ref told Gerrard or Torres that he would "protect them" I would find that unethical. This is an overt action which if true, should be investigated. You may have also noticed manu wasted about 40 seconds in a substitution yet he blew the whistle 15 seconds early, denying Arsenal about 55-60 seconds of additional play. While I don't think it would have mattered, it does make one wonder, especially in light of this revelation from Evra.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Huh?

It's obvious we're talking about two different things... and you've yet to answer my question in any dispassonate manner... but don't bother; I'm leaving it there.
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              A "healthy exchange of ideas" is impossible with Lazie if Manu is involved. Were this a discussion about an LA Galaxy player you may have gotten an honest response from him. Unfortunately, he sees any possible criticism of his team (by him) as a potential sign of weakness, which as the rest of us know, it's not.

As a Liverpool fan, I can tell you that had a ref told Gerrard or Torres that he would "protect them" I would find that unethical. This is an overt action which if true, should be investigated. You may have also noticed manu wasted about 40 seconds in a substitution yet he blew the whistle 15 seconds early, denying Arsenal about 55-60 seconds of additional play. While I don't think it would have mattered, it does make one wonder, especially in light of this revelation from Evra.

You people sounding more and more bitter. Now unuh ago complain bout seconds used for a sub? I suggest unuh compose unuhself fi next season
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie - you are ridiculous. I already said that 1 additional minute wouldn't have mattered, but of course, you ignore that. You keep saying I am bitter which is far from the case.

After all this time bantering on the boards, (in this thread and others) you still can't answer a simple and direct question. The point is still the same, was the ref ethical or not? As Peter said, you are always obfuscating. Try answering the question when you get up off the floor from laughing yourself silly.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Lazie - you are ridiculous. I already said that 1 additional minute wouldn't have mattered, but of course, you ignore that. You keep saying I am bitter which is far from the case.

After all this time bantering on the boards, (in this thread and others) you still can't answer a simple and direct question. The point is still the same, was the ref ethical or not? As Peter said, you are always obfuscating. Try answering the question when you get up off the floor from laughing yourself silly.
                  Wait ... so it yuh thought it wouldn't have mattered, why bring it up? I interpret it as the ref seeing what was happening told Evra he is aware of whats happening but if he should react he would be in trouble.

Loserpool fans as usual are looking to dig up something. If that can sooth the disappointment then so be it.

By the way ... after all the banter on the board, I'm yet to see you extend congrats to the Champs. Thats why I say like Rafa, you're bitter.

Comment

Why do you continue to evade the question?

Comment

Why do you continue to evade the question?
                      That was answered already ... but keep playing tap dance.
                      Last edited by Lazie; May 19, 2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        That was answered already ... by keep playing tap dance.
                        Huh!!?? You are one of a kind. No question about it.

Comment

Paul, yuh see how Lazie move... the thread move from a question about refereeing ethics by Karl to a complaint by Liverpool fans against the ref in an Arsenal v ManU game... As I said before if I ever need a spin doctor Lazie is THE MAN!

Definitely something does not compute... EVERYTHING comes back to the defence of ManU; cannot even begin to separate the issue and look at it as a question or issue by itself regardless of the players...as I asked him before and I hope he reads this, I wonder if he was ever hugged as a child...ahhh bwoyy
                          Peter R

Comment

Pedro, if you wait on Lazie to be objective you will be sadly disappointed. Ah so him stay...we should rename him to Spinmancster.

Comment

Working...
                            X