Henry Europe's best not Cannavaro: Wenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Europe's best not Cannavaro: Wenger

Arsene Wenger believes Thierry Henry should have walked away with this year's European footballer of the year award as easily as he strolls past defenders.

The 2006 'Ballon d'Or' is due to be announced next week and Italy's World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro is widely expected to succeed Barcelona's Brazilian Ronaldinho as the 51st winner of the prestigious prize.

But for Wenger, Gunners skipper Henry has had a better year.

"Congratulations to Cannavaro if that's the case," Wenger said Friday. "But for me there's only one candidate this year, it's Thierry Henry. He just deserves it.

"He was the best goal scorer in England, best player in England, best goal scorer in Europe behind Luca Toni, he played the Champions League final and he played the World Cup final."

Wenger believes Henry's only serious rival should have been Barcelona's Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o, but insists his compatriot's record of consistent achievement over the last five years meant he should have received the award at least once.

"What does he have to do? Just to keep going. Sometimes you get rewarded at the moment where you expect it the least. That's as well the sign of a superchamp."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Henry Europe's best not Cannavaro: Wenger

A wha duh Wenger? Him need the Arsenal fan, the komicak Karl fi tell him how Henry don't play team. Whatever that is.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (11/17/2006)A wha duh Wenger? Him need the Arsenal fan, the komicak Karl fi tell him how Henry don't play team. Whatever that is.
      Henry don't play team. - As often as he should.TEAM!

Cho man, get it right!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Now him nuh dweet as often as he should? Again .. mi nuh know wha yuh mean. The stats prove who has scored the most goals fi unuh this season. Unlike you, everybody else plus the dog unda the cellar know that goals win matches.

When yuh done, tell me who scored the most goals last season fi unuh, then check the season before that, then check the season before that then ..... slap yuhself Bout Henry nuh play team.

Which forward from Arsenal get away one on one on the keeper and 'selfishly' rolled the ball to the Togo yute fi guh score. Mi affi wonder of yuh know who name Henry cause there is no way on God's <STRIKE>green</STRIKE> sorry, use any other color, earth you can be serious.

Comment

Karl you are a good man but.....You are a damn fraud!

If unno nuh like Henry please for the love fo god lobby Wenger to send him to Man U.

The man has only started for teams that won the world cup and euro championships, won the EPL undefeated, went to the Champions League final and went to another WC final.

I half way want tocut off your cable subscription because you do not deserve to watch Henry week in and week out. As a matter of a fact I forbid you to watch another Arsenal match until you come to your senses! - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

T.K. (11/18/2006)Karl you are a good man but.....You are a damn fraud!

If unno nuh like Henry please for the love fo god lobby Wenger to send him to Man U.

The man has only started for teams that won the world cup and euro championships, won the EPL undefeated, went to the Champions League final and went to another WC final.

I half way want tocut off your cable subscription because you do not deserve to watch Henry week in and week out. As a matter of a fact I forbid you to watch another Arsenal match until you come to your senses! - T.K.
            We appreciate all Henry and all those other Arsenal heros have done for us in the past...but, it is always what are you doing for the GUNNERS NOW!

Tell Henry we need new trophies! ...through constant TOP OF THE WORLD performances! ...no time off! :w00t:
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

who savr unuh backside today?

Comment

Lazie (11/18/2006)who savr unuh backside today?
                Ask him again Lazie! Karl you always talk about top of the world yet I do not see anyone more TOP OF THE WORLD than Henry at his position. The man is the prototype of the modern day forward. Nuh mek mi buss out de Ball Jesus moniker yaw. Mexxx duh mi a favor and pass by Karl's retirement village an lock off him cable box fi mi. Him nuh deserve to gaze upon greatness. - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                X