Disrespecting Shavar, forgetting defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disrespecting Shavar, forgetting defense

Ok forumites I want to send a big up to Shavar Thomas. One third of the way through the MLS season and I must say that out of all the Jamaican players in the league he has been the absolute standout player for me. I know that with defenders we don't really see their worth until they are missing for a game or two which is understandable. So I figured I would throw a couple things out there to highlight Shavar's season so far.

1. Played 11 out of 11 matches
    2. Started 11 out of 11 matches
    3. Has played all but 6 minutes of the season
    4. His defense leads the league with a .55 goals against average
    5. His team has the best record in the league 8 points ahead of 2nd
    6. He has only 1 caution through 11 matches

He has really been a rock in the back. I know no one watches MLS so I just wanted to clue you guys in on Shavar's really dynamite play. Seriously if he is not on the All-Star team come July is pure fiya mi a bun pon MLS.

Massive if you're interested in seeing Shavar you can catch him on thurs. at 10:30 pm on ESPN 2. His team, Chivas USA, is playing the 2nd best team in MLS (Chicago Fire). He'll have a really good challenge to rise to as the Fire have both Blanco and McBride on their team. Hope a few of you, even if you don't like MLS, will catch a few minutes just to check the progress of a Reggae Boy who is in really good form right now. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

he has been getting some call ups late;y..i hope he still is in the plans...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      he has been getting some call ups late;y..i hope he still is in the plans...
      Yeah man...The bigger the player pool we can have the better. It's nice to see that we have a really good option in Shavar if anything happens to the first choice centre backs. I just felt the need to give a shout out to him on the forum as I think he has been the hidden story this season as far as Jamaicans in MLS are concerned.

On an interesting side note Tyrone Marshall is in the top 11 for the All-Star voting. The Seattle Sounders fans have organized themselves and consistently "stuffed" the ballot box so far. Fan voting counts as 25% of the voting/selection process and they can vote up to 10 times a day. LOL. A good way to attract traffic to your website I guess.

I hope Tyrone makes in even though Shavar is most deserving at this point. Maybe we can get both in? - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I will have to check him out. Thanks for this.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

T.K. good work. Even though I think the MLS is rubbish and not worth my time, I may be forced to use it a filler until the new BPL season starts, I want our players to do well. I also accept the fact that it offers our players an opportunity to go on to bigger things.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Very good observation, I watched him a couple times already

this season and he has been rock solid, it's about time, I think this is his forth or fifth season. He for sure deserves a call up over Claude Davis, Goddison and all the english man dem.

Marshall is still #1 in my books though.

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
            Ok forumites I want to send a big up to Shavar Thomas. One third of the way through the MLS season and I must say that out of all the Jamaican players in the league he has been the absolute standout player for me. I know that with defenders we don't really see their worth until they are missing for a game or two which is understandable. So I figured I would throw a couple things out there to highlight Shavar's season so far.

1. Played 11 out of 11 matches
            2. Started 11 out of 11 matches
            3. Has played all but 6 minutes of the season
            4. His defense leads the league with a .55 goals against average
            5. His team has the best record in the league 8 points ahead of 2nd
            6. He has only 1 caution through 11 matches

He has really been a rock in the back. I know no one watches MLS so I just wanted to clue you guys in on Shavar's really dynamite play. Seriously if he is not on the All-Star team come July is pure fiya mi a bun pon MLS.

Massive if you're interested in seeing Shavar you can catch him on thurs. at 10:30 pm on ESPN 2. His team, Chivas USA, is playing the 2nd best team in MLS (Chicago Fire). He'll have a really good challenge to rise to as the Fire have both Blanco and McBride on their team. Hope a few of you, even if you don't like MLS, will catch a few minutes just to check the progress of a Reggae Boy who is in really good form right now. - T.K.

Comment

We need Shavar to continue playing at that high level because Goodison and Tyrone can't play forever.

Shavar is the next best sweeper we have.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X