Sheffield Utd vs BoyU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheffield Utd vs BoyU

Well BoyU deserved to win. Should even have had a penalty...

...Claude had long periods of good play...but, he failed to play out over his goal-line a ball played in and the result was BoyU's first goal. He had done the same thing in that England vs REGGAE BOYZ match. This failure to deal with threats such as those is not good.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Sheffield Utd vs BoyU

2 penalties .. Saha and Scholes. I was blaming him too, but seeing the replay at halftime, it appears the pass may have simply beaten him.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (11/18/2006)2 penalties .. Saha and Scholes. I was blaming him too, but seeing the replay at halftime, it appears the pass may have simply beaten him.
      Davis: The first goal - He should have reacted to the pass as it was made. He was the nearest defender to the ball and to the receiver of the ball. I think it was well within reach and a nudge over the goal-line would have removed any threat to his goal.

He erred by remaining anchored to position.

No so sure I would have awarded the 2nd prod to the back. ...anyway today you were far better than Sheffield Utd.A true reflection of BoyU's dominance would be 3 or 4 goals.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I saw the goals too and felt Big Claude seem to have a lapse in his anticipating the pass which resulted in the goal. The second Rooney goal, he just fell short by inches to head the cross away, only to see Rooney appear behind him to bury the goal. Would you blame him for that one too?

Claude made some good plays, but I saw one time he was tackling a player with the ball on the right side of the box. For some reason, Claude allowed the man (was it Giggs or Renaldo) to get between him and the goal. Ideally, you the defender should be between the man and the balland the goal.

Otherwise from those little lapses, he was able to hold his own against the EPL powerhouse Man U.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (11/18/2006)I saw the goals too and felt Big Claude seem to have a lapse in his anticipating the pass which resulted in the goal. The second Rooney goal, he just fell short by inches to head the cross away, only to see Rooney appear behind him to bury the goal. Would you blame him for that one too?

Claude made some good plays, but I saw one time he was tackling a player with the ball on the right side of the box. For some reason, Claude allowed the man (was it Giggs or Renaldo) to get between him and the goal. Ideally, you the defender should be between the man and the balland the goal.

Otherwise from those little lapses, he was able to hold his own against the EPL powerhouse Man U.
          The second Rooney goal, he just fell short by inches to head the cross away, only to see Rooney appear behind him to bury the goal. Would you blame him for that one too?

Strange question?

Claude had loooooooooog periods of good football! ...

He must learn to turn those dangerous balls (one that causedthe first goal)...when he is nearest to ball and danger...away! I thought it strange...unbelievable when he allowedthe one against the REGGAE BOYZ in that England match. I spoke about it!

Now today he does the similar thing. It appears to me, 'the armchair coach', that there is aserious problem here...begging for solution. (End of my story)

Comment

Karl (11/18/2006)
            Tilla (11/18/2006)I

The second Rooney goal, he just fell short by inches to head the cross away, only to see Rooney appear behind him to bury the goal. Would you blame him for that one too?

Strange question?
            Why is it a strange question? I am not trying to put you in a "trick bag", I was just seeking your opinion. I just thought that some people may say Claude should be aware that Rooney was running behind him and since again he was the closest player to Rooney. . .

The long and the short of it is, Claude does not have eyes in the back of his head. He was well psitioned for a pass if the player who had the ball had intended to go to goal or across the goal mouth. Once the crosser of the ball put it in the air just out of he reach of a jumping Claude, Claude had no chance. The ball was on its way to goal before Claude even landed and regained his composure. The question is, what had happened to the defender playing left back for Sheffield? Maybe was the one who should have had his eyes on Rooney.

I think again Claude turned in a performance he should not be ashamed of.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (11/18/2006)
              Karl (11/18/2006)
              Tilla (11/18/2006)I

Strange question?
              Why is it a strange question? I am not trying to put you in a "trick bag", I was just seeking your opinion. I just thought that some people may say Claude should be aware that Rooney was running behind him and since again he was the closest player to Rooney. . .

The long and the short of it is, Claude does not have eyes in the back of his head. He was well psitioned for a pass if the player who had the ball had intended to go to goal or across the goal mouth. Once the crosser of the ball put it in the air just out of he reach of a jumping Claude, Claude had no chance. The ball was on its way to goal before Claude even landed and regained his composure. The question is, what had happened to the defender playing left back for Sheffield? Maybe was the one who should have had his eyes on Rooney.

I think again Claude turned in a performance he should not be ashamed of.
              The question appeared strange to me because it is in a post that answers/responds to my lead post. My lead post had nothing that anyone shouldhave interpreted to say Claude was being blamed for the 2nd goal.

...but since you asked - NO! In my mind, he was not at fault. Great cross by the left back. Great taking ofgoal by Rooney.

May I also add...Once again, I am saying Claude had loooog periods when he played well! He certainly appeared to have had two main functions - repelling attacks down the middle and keeping Saha on a leash. Saha had very little look in in front of goal and Claude did most of the repelling of BoyU attacks down the middle. He also did a very good job of repelling crosses.

I thought he did an excellent job on both keeping Saha quiet/impotent in front of goal and repelling attacks down the middle!

Comment

Working...
              X