RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makelele-Terry engineered Mourinho's sacking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makelele-Terry engineered Mourinho's sacking.

Chelsea captain John Terry has rejected claims made by former team-mate Claude Makelele that he engineered the sacking of Jose Mourinho.
    Makelele has claimed in his autobiography that Terry was the man responsible for Mourinho's axing at Stamford Bridge in September 2007.
    In 'Claude Makelele - Tout Simplement', the Paris St Germain midfielder claims that Mourinho and Terry fell out over playing time as the captain dealt with injury, and that the defender asked for a transfer.
    "I thought Mourinho was practically untouchable, but a lot of players had complained about him, notably John Terry," Makelele wrote.
    "When John Terry let his discontent be known to [chief executive Peter] Kenyon and asked him for an immediate transfer, (owner Roman) Abramovich reacted immediately: the departure of Terry was totally unimaginable, from the point of view of the supporters, the players or the club owners. Mourinho was packing his bags."
    Denial

However, both Chelsea and Terry have strongly refuted Makelele's claims.

A statement released through Terry's lawyers read: "It has been claimed that John was in some way involved with the removal of Jose Mourinho as manager.
    "This is categorically untrue and there is no foundation in this allegation.
    "We also confirm (should it even need confirming) that John has never asked to be transferred from Chelsea."
    A Chelsea spokesman added: "This is not a true version of events with regards to the transfer request as there wasn't one.
    "Nor was the captain responsible for the departure of Jose Mourinho, which was mutually agreed between Jose and the club."
    a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}

looks like nothing is written down anywhere so ... where is the proof? one man's wod against another.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      A Chelsea spokesman added: "This is not a true version of events with regards to the transfer request as there wasn't one."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}
      Strange statement!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, you're right; that's a strange way to deny something that "didn't happen".
        Peter R

Comment

JOHN TERRY is puzzled by claims he helped get Jose Mourinho the sack from Chelsea.

SunSport revealed on Saturday that former Blues star Claude Makelele had written in his autobiography that Mourinho left after a row with Terry.

But the Chelsea and England skipper has denied that and insisted he was one of three players who begged billionaire owner Roman Abramovich to keep the Special One.

Terry said: "Mourinho called me on Friday and we spoke about it.

"It's bizarre, actually, because Maka knows the real truth.

"I was one of three players to be phoning Roman at 1am or 2am to keep him on when I heard he'd been sacked.

"Myself, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba were all fighting to keep him at two in the morning so it's bizarre where it's come from.

"I spoke with Mourinho and he's totally fine with it.

"It's bizarre that Maka has put this in his book but I tried to call him last night and his phone was off. I'm sure I'll make contact in the next few days.

"Jose text me and I called him back. We know what happened, the relationship between him and the club.

"They parted on mutual terms. If I had that much power, I would have changed an awful lot of things at this club an awfully long time ago.

"Not one player is bigger than any football club. I'm no different."

Comment

i feel seh it happen......i remember chelsea giving away a goal when defending a corner in de champion league & mourhino blaming terry & questioning his form @ the time. Very soon after The Special One was gone....
            “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

True,and also when he left he didn't once mention John Terry as one of the players he kept in touch with.He always talked about Lampard,Drogba and Essien.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                True,and also when he left he didn't once mention John Terry as one of the players he kept in touch with.He always talked about Lampard,Drogba and Essien.
                So true!!!
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Maka jook him... lol
                  Peter R

Comment

Working...
                  X