I have not gotten a game since being slapped across the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not gotten a game since being slapped across the face

Stoke skipper Griffin reveals: I'll be leaving after falling out with Potters boss Pulis

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 4:29 PM on 04th June 2009
    Stoke captain Andy Griffin has revealed he will leave the club this summer after falling out with manager Tony Pulis.
    The former Newcastle defender has not started a game since his bust-up with team-mate Ricardo Fuller at Upton Park last December, although he insists his differences with Pulis did not stem from that incident.

Flashpoint: Andy Griffin (not pictured) and Ricardo Fuller clash at Upton Park

'I haven’t started since the game at West Ham, so I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to understand where I stand in the manager’s thoughts,' said Griffin.
    'All I can say is I had a fall-out with the manager and, as a result of that, was not in the team. Sometimes I wasn’t travelling and was cutting the grass at 3pm on a Saturday.

VIDEO: Watch Griffin and Fuller's astonishing on-field clash...

In happier times: Andy Griffin (right) celebrates a goal with Leon Cort

'I have just turned 30, feel as though I was playing well and still believe in my own ability. It is disappointing, but that is what happens when you fall out with the boss.'

More...

But Griffin was full of praise for Pulis and insisted there are no hard feelings against the Stoke boss.
    'It is not about me,' Griffin told The Stoke Sentinel. 'A football club is bigger than any one player and always will be.

'Stoke City are a Premier League club and that is all that matters. The chairman and the manager have done a fantastic job. The club has stayed up, so the manager deserves all the credit he gets from everyone.
    'I have no hard feelings towards the manager. It is just a shame it has happened. In football, players fall out with each other and with managers all the time.

'It is one of those things – but it is nothing to do with what happened with me and Ric. That was all cleared up.'
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I thought Fuller said that incident had helped the club?!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well you can't argue with the results.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
      X