Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello my long lost forumite friends...in case u were wondering

<DIV id=printReady>

I have been busy doing this (see article below)

I see the board is alive and well, I saw the JA/Peru game on tv. We didn't look too bad even though we made the same mistakes as usual and I hope we learn to cross the ball soon.

Anyway Spurs are inconsistent this year and Mido still sucks.

Big Up to all and will be back later.

A unity of souls
    published: Sunday | November 19, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody>

Claudine Housen, Staff Reporter

Mr. and Mrs. Michael Samuels enjoy a warm embrace after tying the knot at the Holy Trinity Church, Montego Bay, on Saturday, November 11. - Photos by Claudine Housen/Staff Photographer

WESTERN BUREAU:

Saturday, November 11, saw the coming together of two souls when Michael Vaughn Anthony Samuels and Christine Ann Margaret Thompson tied the knot before family and a host of well-wishers at the Holy Trinity Church, Montego Bay.

Michael Samuels is the son of Kingston-based businessman Copeland Samuels and his wife Hyacinth, owners and managers of Economic Maintenance Limited. Christine Thompson-Samuels is the daughter of retired health administrator, Edburn Thompson, and his wife Hyacinth.

Punctual ceremony

Styled by Paulette Henry, the chapel featured orange and fuchsia accents topped off with baby's breath flowers and calla lilies, the wedding ceremony - one of the most punctual I have seen yet - started shortly after 3:00 p.m. when the anxious groom, dressed in black Armani suit, arrived almost breathless from being delayed in traffic.

Moments later, his beautiful bride, the picture of serenity, emerged on the arm of her father, her eyes focused on her husband-to-be at the end of the aisle. Having been proposed to at Trident Castle in Portland, she looked the part of the princess in a white Lazaro wedding dress with a beaded bodice, a ruffle-tiered, a-line skirt and a chapel train. A white veil, something borrowed, completed the ensemble, along with Stewart Weitzman shoes.

The nuptial, which included kneeling at the altar and a sand ceremony, was officiated by Archdeacon Hollis P. Lynch, rector, and Reverend Dr. Neville DeSouza, retired bishop of Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.

After the ceremony the bride and groom were whisked away to the Half Moon Hotel's Pavilion, whose manicured lawns and fountains became the perfect backdrop for sunset photos and an intimate reception.

Later, when The Sunday Gleaner asked the groom what he loved most about his wife he replied, "She makes me a much better person. I am a better person because I know her and I found out today that I had no idea that I loved her as much as I do."
    </DIV></DIV><TABLE width=480 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="40%">More Social

<SCRIPT src="/tools/get.js" langauge="JavaScript"></SCRIPT><A &#111;nclick="openwin('/tools/getinfoformail.php?pageurl=http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20061119/social/social2.html&amp;pagetitle=%20A%20unity%20of%20sou ls%20-%20Sunday%20|%20November%2019,%202006%20...');retu rn false;" href="http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/tools/getinfoformail.php?pageurl=http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20061119/social/social2.html&amp;pagetitle=%20A%20unity%20of%20sou ls%20-%20Sunday%20|%20November%2019,%202006%

RE: Hello my long lost forumite friends...in case u were wondering

HAHA!! Congrats bredren! Extend same to the bride. A yessiday mi a consider giving you acall as mi naah see yuh a post, but now I see you had better things to do.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Congratulations man.. You have come a long way from when you use to watch replay of Sire A rathern than other more important things. Remember dont let the freindship with you and the special one die.. Best wishes

Comment

Thanks OJ.

Yes those were the old days

Comment

CONGRATS to you both!

...never knew you loved her so much...huh?

Long life and tremendous happiness!

...and, may there be nuff-nuff little Samuels roun unnuh feet!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Congrats brethren.

Mi did a wonder how long it did a go tek you fi make the beautiful lady where the beautiful dress.

Welcome to the other side brethren, now yu soccer days limited and you a go "chune in" to some lifetime TV. Ask Gamma and Lazie if a lie mi a tell

Don't worry it all worth it do. Congrats to you and the beautiful lady.

Enjoy every moment of it sah.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thanks Lazie

I was wondering how this miss the forum because it has been in the gleaner 3 times. Oh yes that was me with Justice Wolff dont ask

Comment

SSSSSCCCCCAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Big time congratulations my friend! I never knew there was actually a woman on planet earth fast enough to latch the ball and chain pon yu ankle......Gwan do yu ting. Wishing you and your beautiful wife many years of happiness together! I guess we can drop the Spongebob Square Pantsnickname now. (Lulu 3:16) - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

SOCIETY PAGE?!!! but yuh nuh easy!!!! another one bites the dust!!!!

congrats man.......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So wha yu sey, Observer would not give you a good coverage too?

Big up youself sah, heard about the nuptials and congrats
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Scaly, congratulations my friend. I wish you a long and happy marriage. I hope this does not mean that we can no longer sample the delights of the nightlife on South Beach, espcially the hot Latinas. Membah? Anyway, marriage does not mean you can't window shop, and I will keep you out of trouble this time.

Welcome to the Ball and Chain Club.

Comment

Let's just say Oliver Clarke was good to me

He wasn't able to make the wedding but he made up for it

I'll owe a bottle of something when I see him next.

Thanks for the good wishes

Comment

Thanks to all for the good wishes

Half Moon hotel is the BOMB

Houseboat restaurant is a waste of some really great space on the water. Have you been Sicko ? what do you think.

Comment

Scaly I use to work at the Halfmoon a while back.

Ms Dwyer is a really nice Operations Manager tell her hi fi mi if you meet her.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Houseboat out by Freeport? Never been on it, always thought it looked really unsafe even though I hear the food is good.
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X