I said coming into the GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said coming into the GC

that our discipline worry me. Most games we play for the past 2 years we get at least one red card at the junior or senior level. It is time for these players to be heavily fined.

I spoke about the disciple in defending. While it was hard one as the player held on to Marshall's shirt but Morrison left his player to walk into the goal. I said a few days ago it will be a sad day when Marshall and Pepe retire because our defenders don't read the game well. Very phyical and ahtletic but need to real the game better.

How was JJ playing so deep? He was ineffective playing that deep.

We have a far way to go playing team football. As Simoes did right now 50% of the players should come from Jamaica as we have no team right now and they need time to play togather. Superstars not talking and going out at nights and missing team engagement nah go take us nowhere.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

"now 50% of the players should come from Jamaica "

How would that be possible when the better players are moving to overseas leagues? How other countries can call up players from all over the world and still win games?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie the team has no structure. These players come back unfit and unprepared to play. Teach them a lesson and build for the next 4 years.

people a cuss but Simoes used pretty much a local team and draw in Canada and our big "team" could do no better? We need structure and commitment and that is what we are not getting. They are playing hard but without their brain and patience.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Lazie the team has no structure. These players come back unfit and unprepared to play. Teach them a lesson and build for the next 4 years.
        ... and teaching them a lesson means selecting inferior players?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

How would that be possible when the better players are moving to overseas leagues? How other countries can call up players from all over the world and still win games?
          Baffles me when people want to see DPLer's in the squad over overseas players. I mean why the hell do you think they are overseas and not in the DPL?

Comment

Simoes also effectively got us bounced from the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Baffles me when people want to see DPLer's in the squad over overseas players. I mean why the hell do you think they are overseas and not in the DPL?
              Well, there are those that buy the Abundance of Talent myth.

Comment

Well before the tournament mi talk about the limitations of our players and people a jump up and down and cuss now when it is there for all to see.

On another note, if Richie Edwards has a problem getting into Tappa's next squad, something is wrong.

Comment

Marshall does not read the game well?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Marshall and Pepe retire because our defenders don't read the game well"

In other words only Marshall and Pepe read the game well.

Comment

Well a team have to start somewhere. It don't start when people show up for two days on vacation, go on the field and end up with less than a good effort and we end up with a lost and at least one player short.

Comment

Well, there are those that buy the Abundance of Talent myth.
                        too many ****************ing myths !!1

1. we WILL win the Gold Cup..on what basis ?
                        2. Abundance of talent...whatever that is
                        3. Tappa is the best thing since slice bread >>he lacks the experience and needs guidance.
                        4. We have a GOOD TEAM !..
                        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

i think he is talking about UB40 players or whatever the name is, the reason when other countries call up players and win game is because they don't call up the same set of players who is not performing well like we do and when we calling up players we call about a hand full a hand full who is not doing **************** we call them becaues they play in top league in farine, when they calling up 30 to 40 players is players who is perfroming well in any league all over the world
                          out of many one people

Comment

Well it's obvious that is the
                            price we MUST pay in order to reach another wc. The Prof. came and saw that the original crop was aging. He went on to build from ground up but this time he was up against a different sail wind ( we now have many experts on football in Ja who thinks Ja is better than it really is) In 94 the Prof could pick up six nd four nils because most never thought we would make it.

The local league is structured around a high scholl league hence when we play on the INT'L stage the gap is shown. WHat this GC has shown us is that JA is not good as we may all think. The whole program needs revamping.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                              too many ****************ing myths !!1

1. we WILL win the Gold Cup..on what basis ?
                              2. Abundance of talent...whatever that is
                              3. Tappa is the best thing since slice bread >>he lacks the experience and needs guidance.
                              4. We have a GOOD TEAM !..
                              Backup .. other than me, no one else said anything about winning the GC (i think). T.K. asked what would make this GC a success for the team, and I still insist than anything other than winning the GC is a failure. Sorry, who wanna sugarcoat failure by seeing us being knocked out in the next round can gwaan fool themselves.

People here talk bout us beating Spain and even talk as if we anywhere as good as the USA much less better than them, yet the USA, Mexico and Costa Rica took B and C teams to the Gold Cup, Canada is basically rebuilding, Jamaica took their strongest squad .... why shouldn't they win it? If dem cannot win it ... scrape the JFF den and stop waste money. This stupid talk bout the GC is the next step in our development ain't nothing but another cow jump over the moon nursery rhyme.

Comment

Working...
                              X