Becks slams critical Landon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becks slams critical Landon

DAVID BECKHAM has torn into LA Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan for slating him in public.

Galaxy captain Donovan slammed Becks for turning his back on the troubled MLS outfit and going on a glamorous six-month loan to Italian giants AC Milan.

Without Becks, Galaxy had a disastrous time and are now battling their way back from a nightmare one win in 13 games.

Becks, 34, returns to training today ahead of Thursday's clash with New York Red Bulls and the first thing he will do is confront Donovan.

He stormed: "What Landon said is unprofessional in my eyes and in the eyes of every footballer in the world - you don't talk out against your team-mates.

"In 17 years I have played at some of the biggest clubs in the world and with some of the biggest players in the world, not to mention some of the strongest managers.

"And not once in those 17 years has there been a question about my professionalism. Me and Landon will talk but it will be a private conversation."

But he then delivered another dig, adding: "I'm sure if you asked any Galaxy player or any player in this league if they had the chance to finish the season with AC Milan they would do.

"I have been fortunate to have that experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope to go back."

Donovan made his controversial comments in a book called 'The Beckham Experiment'.

He said Beckham's level of dedication had dropped since his arrival in July 2007 - despite being paid 'more than double anybody in the league'.

But Beckham stressed his continued commitment to the cause at the Galaxy.

He said: "I have never said I was leaving. My future is here for the long-term. Before I left I sat down with all the players and told them I was not giving up on Galaxy.

"Some obviously didn't believe me. But I'm an honest person and if I didn't want to be here I'd say.

"Even if I do go back to Milan, or any another club on loan at the end of the season, I will be back. My family is happy here, we love living here and it's been hard to be away from them while I was in Italy.
    Advertisement

//Retrieve Blue Lithium & Bull frog Cookie Valuevar blueLithium = "No";blueLithium = get_cookie("BL")==null?"No":get_cookie("BL");var RStag = "";try{RStag = segQS;}catch(e){RStag = "";}document.write('');function ebStdBanner0_DoFSCommand(command,args){try{command = command.replace(/FSCommand:/ig,"");if((command.toLowerCase()=="ebinteraction" ) || (command.toLowerCase()=="ebclickthrough"))gEbStdBa nners[0].handleInteraction();}catch(e){}}try{ebStdBanner0_ DoFSCommand(command,args);}catch(e){}

"So I can't believe people question my professionalism when I have had six months away from my children."

But Donovan said: "All we care about, at a minimum, is he committed himself to us. As time's gone on that has proven not to be the case in many ways on and off the field.

"If that's the way he's going to be, fine, hold him accountable. Don't play him. Just say 'we're not going to play you, we don't think you're committed'. It's disappointing you just want to see a heartbeat, a pulse."

Former LA boss Alexi Lalas revealed the latest outburst laid bare the simmering resentment between the pair.

He said: "They didn't respect each other, they didn't like each other, they didn't talk to each other and they merely tolerated each other on the field."

They will be back in the same side on Thursday night and Beckham insisted he will carry on doing the professional thing.

He said: "If there is a chance for Landon to score I will pass to him - of course I will."

it nuh done yet...chuss mi!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

can't done yet.

Donovan must have thought Becks nah come back. Him write book and a talk to journalist.

Is this another Kobe/Shaq?

What did the MLS and LA think they were getting? Someone "committed" to the MLS?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Kobe/Shaq!? Naw sah...dis is more like Betty-Boop and Suzy-Q.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

MAD-donna and BRIT-ney spears

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            MAD-donna and BRIT-ney spears
            u figet seh dem two gyal did give each other tongue bath...as bad as dem is, I don't think becks and donovan into dat
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

dem giving each other a "tongue lashing" ergo......

Comment

Donovan need fi chill. Beckham alone mek attendance at MLS games increase. When Donovan can do that .. him can talk. I see all over campus they advertising tickets for sale for the upcoming Red Bulls vs LA Galaxy game. Now they've put up new posting emphasizing that David Beckham is "scheduled" to play in the game.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                X