RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A honest assessment of JA poor showing at the Gold Cup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A honest assessment of JA poor showing at the Gold Cup.

Jamaica's performances at the Gold Cup was not as bad as some people made it out to be,had the circumstances been different we would be sitting in the quarter finals.The Boyz were unlucky to lose against canada after dominating the game and creating much the better chances.We lost that game because of poor finishing and tactical naiveity.Against Costa Rica we had them on the back foot up to the point where we went down to ten men,on another day with another referee that might've been a yellow card offence and who knows we might have gone on to win the game.We were poor against El Salvador yet we won that game and that kind of papered over the cracks.
    There were some disappointing performances from some of the senior players namely;Luton Shelton-not good enough,Ricardo Gardener-not a central midfielder in a million years.Ricardo Fuller-poor finishing and lack of motivation,these 3 were our most disappointing players.
    My main concern throughout the tournament was our players lack of motivation and drive and desire to put everything on the line for thier country and i sense that not everybody believed in what the coaches were asking of them and that's worrying.In my opinion Tappa was tactically naive by continueally playing Gardener in central midfield and also allowing him to waste our free kicks and corner kicks,playing 3 strikers who are too similar hence didn't have the ability to keep the ball,this affected our cohesion and kept handed back the advantage to our opponents.I've got no doubt if we had employed a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 system we would've progressed in the competition.
    Jamaica as missed a great opportunity and the JFF only have themselves to blame,John Barnes should've been given the opportunity to take the team to the Gold Cup after the great job he as done in the Caribbean Cup and the preceeding games where the boyz were looking like a well organised and well coached unit. That would've given us a better chance of success in the Gold Cup and also given Tappa an easier start.Lets hope Tappa is given the necessary support and the chance to develope into a top quality Coach enabling him to go on and be a legendary coach as he was as a player.

we lost both games because of poor finishing. there may be other deficiencies but that one is GLARING. even the game we won the finishing was poor.

it seems when our forwards have too much time to think they lose thioer composure. what that tells me is that finishing is not instinctive (dribbling is however)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We simply didn't practise corners or free kicks. Bibi when coming back from injury need a few games well to be at his best, check his Bolton record.

Tappa panic and went with 3 forwards for the games which he shouldn't have done. It doesn't allow a lot of space for the forwards to play into. Jermaine Johnson after running the game in the middle for the first game was given withdrawn responsibility. I think Jermaine should have been in the middle right behind the strikers and Bibi on the left, JRC on the right with Dane Richards coming on about 6 minutes to run them down. In his little stint against El Salvador he had the right back for lunch, a little bit more time and some crosses would come in for the forwards.

We need a Nandi like player. Someone who can score free kicks outside the box, Someone who can get on the end of corners as well.

If Pepe was in our defense we would be in the next round. the technical team wanted Tyrone and Ricketts to lead the defense but I guess they had major problem with Stew Peas not believing in this. Pepe would have made the difference on the two goals scored against us in my opinion for two reasons. He doesn't give away chances in the box and he would pick up empty man or call out the midfield to come back.

It is time we start rebulid. We need a TD to come up with a plan for all our players and work on their weakness all year round. Tappa can remain the head coach but we really need a program, something more than just an academy.

Better luck next time but we needed to perform better than we did.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

simply- We were destined for failure when they let JB go, before the tournament.
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
        X