Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The man with no class?

Man Untied boss Ferguson: We wish Ronaldo the best

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson says he holds no bad feeling towards Cristiano Ronaldo following his move to Real Madrid, and admits that he and Carlos Queiroz had long since come to terms with the fact that the Portuguese would one day leave Old Trafford.

Fifa World Player of the Year Ronaldo ended his six-year association with the English champions this summer when he signed for Real in a world-record 94m-euro move. Having long stated his ambition to play in Spain, the departure of the former Sporting man was something Ferguson had been desperately battling against for several years.

“We had a good relationship with the boy,” Ferguson said on Monday when presenting his summer recruits, Michael Owen, Gabriel Obertan and Luis Antonio Valencia, to the press.

“As he explained to us what he felt, it was exactly the way (former assistant manager) Carlos Queiroz and I had thought it would be two or three years ago. We never ever thought we would be able to keep him for a long time and we are very proud to have had him for six years, we are very pleased at that.

“He’s taken this opportunity for another challenge and I respect that because he was a fantastic player for us. He was a good lad, we never had any problems, and we wish him well.”

During Madrid’s long pursuit of Ronaldo, Ferguson famously insisted that he “wouldn’t sell that mob a virus” and regularly stated his belief that the Portuguese would remain in Manchester for several years.

“I’m very sympathetic,” joked Ferguson. “I nearly cried when he came to see me.”
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    During Madrid’s long pursuit of Ronaldo, Ferguson famously insisted that he “wouldn’t sell that mob a virus”
    Nice try Gig-zie. You are trying too hard to put "lipstick on the pig".

I have said many times that your manager's accomplishments are irrefutable, but to try to paint him as a man with "class" is a long stretch. Do you think it is class for him to call RM a "mob"? That is like Two Gun Kid calling Outlaw Josey Wales "cowboy".

There is no doubt that Slur Arselick will go down in history as probably the most accomplished Prem manager of all time. No current manager is in his league. That is not debatable...that is fact.

But the man's accomplishments are undermined by his own behaviour, especially as evidenced by the long string of players who have exited the latrine acrimoniously. As you have correctly pointed out, no one person is bigger than the club (any club), but try as I may, I can't find any other manager, living or dead*, that has had such rifts with his top stars. That speaks volumes of the man and his methods.

PM

* Souness is the only other manager that is as repulsive, and ask any Liverpool fan, we would run him over with a bus if we got the chance.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul, here, have a seat on the plush leather coach. "Miss Reid, hold all my calls. I'll be a while with this patient!" this man is as mad as shad.

You are contradicting yourself:

"I can't find any other manager, living or dead, that has had such rifts with his top stars. That speaks volumes of the man and his methods."

"There is no doubt that Slur Arselick will go down in history as probably the most accomplished Prem manager of all time. No current manager is in his league. That is not debatable...that is fact."
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

How is that a contradiction - Souness is the only one that comes close to being as confrontational with his players and I wouldn't have him run a bath much less run a club.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

it's contradictory because his same abrasiveness that he shows his star players is what makes him so successful, where other coaches with lesser resolve would be overwhelmed by their star players.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Bwoy Jangle, me cyan undastan' unuh. Where did *I* say that his abrasiveness is what makes him successful? That is your point, not mine. Unu know how fi spin fi true. Mek me mek space fi yu an Gig-zie pan de plush couch yasso...unu mad no r-ahtid. Karl...whey u dacta deh? Oh...si Karl pan de couch a'ready, him still ah seh dat Friedel neva foul Torres. Come, de tree a unu...squeeze een...LOL

Comment

Working...
            X