X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafael Benitez: Manchester United Will Spend Big This Summer

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...goal&type=lgns

Rafael Benitez: Manchester United Will Spend Big This Summer

Despite Sir Alex Ferguson's claims to the contrary, Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez expects Manchester United to further strengthen their squad in the coming weeks.

Manchester United generated £80m from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid, and have so far only signed Antonio Valencia from Wigan Athletic and Gabriel Obertan from Bordeeaux for a combined spend of £21m.

Having snapped up Michael Owen on a free transfer this leaves Ferguson approximately £60m to play with, plus any funds the board had allocated prior to the Ronaldo sale.

Benitez believes United will spend again before the summer is up, telling TeamTalk, "I am sure they will have money and they will buy some players."

The Liverpool boss was coy about whether he would look to make further acquisitions following the purchase of Glen Johnson from Portsmouth, adding, "We have to be strong next season. We have improved with Glen and hopefully we can do a little better and that will be enough.”

Benitez went on to speak briefly about the emergence of Manchester City as potential rivals in the coming campaign.

“I think every club now is trying to improve and Manchester City is one of them," he continued. “I would like to be there at the top of the table and be contending but I cannot say too much on the other teams."

Liverpool will hope to improve on last year's second place finish in the coming season, and are aiming to win their first league title in over 20 years.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Real eediat!!! As Mr. President said, "small club mentality".
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

When unu buy again...who will be the eediat? Between you and me, Rafa fi keep quiet...but I don't believe fi yu manager, him already buy a next player since him seh unu nah buy no more...liad!!
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        When unu buy again...who will be the eediat? Between you and me, Rafa fi keep quiet...but I don't believe fi yu manager, him already buy a next player since him seh unu nah buy no more...liad!!
        Paul ... so what if Fergie decides to buy again? I think you should be more concerned with Rafa ... Fergie has proven he knows what he is doing, watch and learn.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yeah, Fergie refused to build on the promising partnership of Rooney and Tevez, he opted for Berbie. So what if Rooney can give a good account of himself on the left wing, he is a better striker. When Ronaldo started as a striker in THE game(Barca vs Man U)we missed having the winger pulling defenders out from afar..., it proved a costly mistake.
          The money from the Ronaldo sale has already been appropriated to the myriad creditors. We are now hoping there is something magical with putting on the Man U jersey when clearly there is no evidence of that regarding Berbie.
          The only good thing is Fletcher finally got the deserved respect.

Blessed
          Last edited by Rockman; July 22, 2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Paul ... so what if Fergie decides to buy again? I think you should be more concerned with Rafa ... Fergie has proven he knows what he is doing, watch and learn.
            You mean seh him prove seh him know how fi lie an tief!! Mi nuh wan' fi learn dat deh way...no sah...mi nah watch an' learn nothin' from him...

Comment

Manchester United has no option but to buy a few players this summer. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez are a massive loss for them. Will they spend all 80 mill.. I dont think so. The blue half (Man City) are buying all the quality players thus far..we'll see what happens when the season gets underway in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X