Hey Sickko I think Paula Jackson is a good goalkeeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sickko I think Paula Jackson is a good goalkeeper

She made some very good saves and was not afraid to attack crosses. She could use some polishing in taking down crosses but her instincts are very good. You said she was around 17 or 18. She will be a good one for the Girlz for a generation. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: Hey Sickko I think Paula Jackson is a good goalkeeper

I need to do some research but I do recall an interview earlier this year with her in her school uniform and among her school mates.

This is the thing with this team they are young, Alecia Wilson might be the oldest one and she is in her mid 20s but has alot of experience playing in the US College system and some semi-pro ball as well.

Mek Karl gwaan try and impress the other posters with him lack of preparation chat..even if we had a camp in the middle of Olso the last three months we still would not win tonight.

Chalk this one down as a learning curve for the girls.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Truly. if it wasn't for her the girlz would have gotten at least six! I would add that she looks a little on the heavy side; if she she shed a few pounds she might be even more agile than she displayed tonight.

The girlz generally also looked the physically weaker side. SOmething to work on migt be strengthening exercises so dem don get push roun so easy.

pr
      Peter R

Comment

Can she keep for the man's team?

She did some vbery basic thing very good and was my woman of the game.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Peter R (11/22/2006)Truly. if it wasn't for her the girlz would have gotten at least six! I would add that she looks a little on the heavy side; if she she shed a few pounds she might be even more agile than she displayed tonight.

The girlz generally also looked the physically weaker side. SOmething to work on migt be strengthening exercises so dem don get push roun so easy.

pr
          I am sure she'll get that taken care of over time. A coach always has to be extra extra extra careful when it comes to dealing with a woman player's weight. You cannot really be so direct about it as you can with a male player. Women have enough body image issues as there is and you don't want to be the one that has her walking around the rest of her life thinking she is a fat cow or worse turn anorexic/bullimic (sp?). Best thing for a coach to do is to simply increase the training regimine without saying a word to the specific player. Girls have a way of internalizing things and really taking them to heart. - T.K.

Comment

Assasin (11/23/2006)Can she keep for the man's team?

She did some vbery basic thing very good and was my woman of the game.
            Hey Assassin! Did Tilla put you up to this? You guys have always hated Donovan. He will make you eat your words when Bora picks him for every international match over the next 4 years. What are you going to say when Ricketts leads us to the promise land? I don't want to hear nuttin from unno come 2010 when Ricketts jus' a profile inna S. Africa after leading the Boyz to historic wins over the US and Mexic in Mexico City! - T.K.

Comment

She might just be a fat teenager with bad eating habits, her face looked young enough.

Not sure I agree that telling an athelete she is overweigth is the same as the avergae teen that hangs out at the mall...if you are in a national team set up then the coach can and should order you to do extra training to get rid of fat if it is neccessary, especially at a position as important as goalkeeping.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (11/23/2006)She might just be a fat teenager with bad eating habits, her face looked young enough.

Not sure I agree that telling an athelete she is overweigth is the same as the avergae teen that hangs out at the mall...if you are in a national team set up then the coach can and should order you to do extra training to get rid of fat if it is neccessary, especially at a position as important as goalkeeping.
                Trust me if you tell a woman athlete that she is overweight you will destroy her. Even at the national team level.

Give her the extra training butnever directly speakto her about her weight. If you want toget a message across to her about diet, fitness and taining habits you do it byaddressing the entire team using general speech. Do not single anyone out.

Believe you me I have coached girls long enough to know this rule of thumb.

Coaching women is much more cerebral than coaching men. Not only will you damage the playerfor life but you'll also lose her teammates as well whodon't like seeing their teammate hurt.You always have to be aware of what you say when coaching girls.- T.K.

Comment

OK then, point taken
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Ricketts maybe good but you can't deny he has some serious lapses especially when it comes to crosses and angles.

It depends on which Ricketts show up fi the games.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sickko I agree with Karl. You can only get better by playing better teams consistenly. Canada broke all kind of ehtics to put thier players in a residental program for months. They also just came back from China and before that they were somewhere else in Europe playing against China. and the USA and the likes. I think we need to put these girsl outside of thier comfort zone and then we will see improvements.

Comment

The tendency with girls is they tend to get heavy around the thighs. You really dont have to tell them anything but work on building lean muscle mass and excersises and diet (lost of small meals) to get them to develop the body type.

Comment

I never questioned the fact that all teams must play better teams, that is a given but my contention was the cost of sending a team to Europe and whether the teams can or want to accomodate us.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                          X