Chamakh's plea to Arsene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamakh's plea to Arsene

MAROUANE CHAMAKH has pleaded with Arsene Wenger to make his dream Arsenal move become a reality.

Bordeaux striker Chamakh, 25, is desperate to join the Gunners but his French side have priced him out of a move.

Arsenal boss Wenger insists he will not match Bordeaux's asking price, leaving wantaway Chamakh in limbo.

Moroccan ace Chamakh said: "My priority is Arsenal, but there are other clubs.

"If it's Arsenal, so much the better. I hope it'll be sorted out very quickly.

"I am not sleeping as well as I normally do.

"I made my wishes known to the directors at the end of last season. I expressed a wish to join another league.

"As much for Bordeaux's sake as for mine, my situation has to be clarified.

"I thought they would have made things easier for me."

Marouane Chamakh has revealed that he wants to move to England this summer when he becomes a free agent, and has stated Arsenal are the club he wants to sign for.

A host of teams have been chasing the highly-rated Moroccan international, who is out of contract at Bordeaux in the summer, but he has now revealed he wants to sign for the Gunners.

Arsenal tried to sign the 26-year-old last summer but could not agree terms, but Arsene Wenger has retained his interest.

However, in recent times Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton and Sunderland have all made contact with Chamakh's representatives as he is now free to talk terms with any interested clubs.

Inter Milan, Juventus and Sevilla have also been in touch, but Chamakh has now confirmed that he wants to move to the Emirates.

"My future? Well, I hold all the cards, I have no reason to be under pressure but everyday passing by, I am a little less a Bordeaux player," he revealed.

Arsenal

"My choice is to join Premier League and if I could choose, I will go to Arsenal.

"Bordeaux has brought me so much. I will soon clearly state things so the club can prepare to find my replacement peacefully."

Chamakh is full of praise for Bordeaux boss Laurent Blanc.

"Laurent Blanc has brought us a winning state of mind, he has taught us how to hate defeat," he told L'Equipe.

"Both on mental and physical levels, I am at my best. Three years ago, I was still a little crazy. Now I can manage my efforts, which allows me to be more clear-sighted at the end of the match.

"I have improved, but I can still improve. I am not only happy to play anymore. I have become someone who wants to win. I am more a scorer, but not enough yet. There are too many situations where I still do a pass for a player in a better position."
    Last edited by Karl; February 6, 2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Arsene Wenger reacted in a positive manner following Marouane Chamakh's confirmation he wants to join Arsenal.
      The Moroccan star is being chased a by a host of clubs around Europe, with his contract at Bordeaux set to expire.
      Chamakh will be available on a free transfer in the summer and he revealed over the weekend that it would be his dream to move to the Emirates and link up with Wenger.
      Speaking to French television, Wenger has reaffirmed his fondness for the highly-rated forward.
      "In life you should achieve your dreams, above all you should try for them," a smiling Wenger told Canal+.
      "We do like him a lot, but the day we sign him - we will let you know."
      Arsenal attempted to sign Chamakh last summer and again this January, but Bordeaux - who are still in the UEFA Champions League - insisted on him staying.
      The Gunners now look in pole position to land him on a free transfer in the summer

Comment

Rafael Benitez believes Liverpool's chances of signing Bordeaux forward Marouane Chamakh in the summer are now dead.
        The 26-year-old is available on a free transfer as his contract with the French champions expires at the end of the season.
        Benitez had hoped to lure the Morocco international to Anfield and only last month the Reds appeared to be leading the race for his signature.
        But Chamakh has since expressed an interest in joining their Premier League rivals Arsenal while reportedly hitting out at Liverpool for being "fussy" over contract negotiations.
        Benitez has now conceded defeat in his bid to secure Chamakh's services and is angry that talks broke down.
        "I think that we will not sign him - but I will not say [any more]," said the Liverpool boss.

Comment

When Wenger acts coy...watch out!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X