X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger admits to 'selective vision'

Wenger admits to 'selective vision'

Wenger took over as Arsenal manager in 1996

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed what many fans have always suspected - his view of controversial incidents is not always obstructed. Wenger is notorious for claiming not to have seen certain incidents, often when one of his players is accused of committing a foul.
    "At times I saw it, and I said I didn't to protect the player," said the 59-year-old Frenchman.
    "It's because I could not find any rational explanation to defend him."
    Wenger's reaction to post-match questioning over incidents when his players may have been in the wrong usually brings a wry smile to the face of fans and his admission will come as little surprise.
    But he insists he does it for the good of his players and provides them with the benefit of the doubt.
    606: DEBATE

I feel so lucky that the team I have supported all my life was able to secure Arsène's services 13 years ago

WimblepiesDJ

"This is a job where you have to have an optimistic view of human nature or you become paranoid," he added.
    "You always have to think that a guy wants to do well.
    "A coach is there to help. He must think that if he helps in the correct way the players will respond. You cannot be suspicious."
    Wenger had been heavily linked to taking over Real Madrid this summer before Manuel Pellegrini was appointed by the Bernabeu outfit.
    Real have since spent about £220m and drafted in the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso.
    But, talking to The Times, he explained: "I knew what Real Madrid wanted to do but I didn't want to leave Arsenal.
    "I want to go to the end of my job here. I built this team, I want to deliver with this team and I feel that if I left I would in some way have betrayed my beliefs.
    "It is nothing to do with what Real Madrid have done. I just couldn't see leaving this team at this stage of their development."
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

At least him honest. Certain peeps would neva do dat...but mi ago close mi mout tru everyting mi seh (tru or speculative), is viewed by the disciple dem of the "certain peeps" like mi heart fill wid venom, even doh wah mi seh is true.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
    X