Rafa unhappy with game officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafa unhappy with game officials

Rafa Benitez believes Liverpool should have been awarded a second penalty in their 2-1 defeat to Tottenham.
    Steven Gerrard scored from the spot after Glen Johnson had been brought down by Heurelho Gomes to make it 1-1 early in the second half.
    But Sebastien Bassong secured the points for Spurs with a header from a set-piece and Benitez was unhappy with the defensive lapse.
    "It is a pity when you score that you concede so quickly," the Spanish tactician told Sky Sports.
    "I am disappointed because we worked very hard, especially in the second half.
    "We did not do well in the first half and we had problems with the centre-backs but we had two or three situations in the second half when we were dangerous.
    Benitez added: "I think we have to improve. The second half was positive and we will try to do the same things in the next game and play better football if we can."
    Hand to ball

Liverpool appealed for two further penalties in the closing stages, with Benoit Assou-Ekotto at the centre of the action.
    Andriy Voronin felt he had been fouled by Assou-Ekotto, before a Fernando Torres cross appeared to strike the Tottenham defender's arm.
    Benitez fumed: "I think the second decision was especially bad. The first one you can excuse but the second was hand to ball.
    "For the fourth official (Stuart Attwell), he is a young referee and maybe he has to calm down a little bit. He is too young."

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
    Rafa Benitez believes Liverpool should have been awarded a second penalty in their 2-1 defeat to Tottenham.
    Steven Gerrard scored from the spot after Glen Johnson had been brought down by Heurelho Gomes to make it 1-1 early in the second half.
    But Sebastien Bassong secured the points for Spurs with a header from a set-piece and Benitez was unhappy with the defensive lapse.
    "It is a pity when you score that you concede so quickly," the Spanish tactician told Sky Sports.
    "I am disappointed because we worked very hard, especially in the second half.
    "We did not do well in the first half and we had problems with the centre-backs but we had two or three situations in the second half when we were dangerous.
    Benitez added: "I think we have to improve. The second half was positive and we will try to do the same things in the next game and play better football if we can."
    Hand to ball

Liverpool appealed for two further penalties in the closing stages, with Benoit Assou-Ekotto at the centre of the action.
    Andriy Voronin felt he had been fouled by Assou-Ekotto, before a Fernando Torres cross appeared to strike the Tottenham defender's arm.
    Benitez fumed: "I think the second decision was especially bad. The first one you can excuse but the second was hand to ball.
    "For the fourth official (Stuart Attwell), he is a young referee and maybe he has to calm down a little bit. He is too young."
    http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/...494835,00.html

Comment

......and the Xcuses start...........another season in Rafa's world.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Liverpool has work to do...Aquilani foot bettah heal fas', or buy sumadi quick..
        Peter R

Comment

Rafa can't blame the outcome on the officials. No way. While I agree the Ekotto challenge on Voronin was a penalty, you can't use that as an excuse why we lost the game. We were terrible. Plus, Spurs were good. They are much improved over last year. BUT, keep in mind that in recent years, they are our bogey team.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
          X