Jawge, Assasin and others who still might care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge, Assasin and others who still might care

about local football, the U13 and U15 islandwide parish competitions are now at the semfinal stage. The four semfinalists in both age groups are Kingston, St. Andrew, St. Catherine and Clarendon.

Does the best football happen to reside in that general area, from Kingston to May Pen?

How come St. James did so poorly? Why, of the 14 parishes, do we end up with four of the same parishes for the competition? And is it any coincidence that these parishes basically account for 80% of the NPL teams?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

which teams?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

there is no consistence in youth program especially in the eastern parishes. Maybe the only team structure is St.Georges. There is no primary school competition, no all age school competition and only dcup and high school under 16. In Kingston you have youth competition and prep school etc. Most of the parishes have nothing and a little man in a community might have something now and then but there is no development whatsoever at in these parishes. Drive from St.Ann to St.Thomas and tell me how many youth teams you see at any time of the year.

There have been a little spot here and there but it usually a one man a try a thing and as soon as that person leave it all disappear.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Parish teams, named after the parishes.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Am I the West's keeper? WHat you should ask yourself is why JA is mired in substandard football. If you take off the tunnel vision lens with the post colnial frame and think JA, not the provincial country/town thing ,then there might be hope.

I'm sure Bolt wasn't in Berlin shouting: Trelawny ! Trelawny!

Comment

JFDB.Info.....Team Breakdown By Parish

www.jfdb.info Number of Teams In Parish (does not include "business house" or "corner teams"

Clarendon FA - 46 teams, KSAFA 43, St. Catherine 31, St. James 31, St. Ann 25, St. Thomas 23, Trelawny 20, St. Elizabeth 13, Manchester 9, Hanover 3.

Comment

Thanks, Bruce!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is there any data on youth teams and primary school football?

If there is 6 primary school team in all of Portland and St.Mary it is a lot.

Youth fooball different from adult football.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X