Adebayor critical of Gunners fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adebayor critical of Gunners fans

Emmanuel Adebayor believes Manchester City have a more committed fan base than his former club Arsenal.
    The sides meet in Premier League action this afternoon, with the Togo striker expected to get a rough ride from the Gunners' travelling support.
    Adebayor was often booed during his final year at the Emirates Stadium for a perceived lack of commitment to the club - the same charge he is now levelling against the Arsenal fans.
    "What is good at City is the fans. They love you. Arsenal have a lot of fans who are not fans," he told the Daily Telegraph.
    "Arsenal have fans from America and Jamaica. Today they are Arsenal fans, tomorrow they will be Liverpool fans, after tomorrow they will be Manchester United fans.
    "If you boo your player every weekend, I am very sorry, you are not true fans.
    "It hurt me a lot. That was the most difficult moment of my career."
    Adebayor also lashed out at former Arsenal team-mate Nicklas Bendtner, with whom he enjoyed a famously stormy relationship during their time together.
    "Nicklas had a very easy route. He had the chance to be in the Arsenal academy, the chance to be an international for Denmark," he added.
    "Football doesn't stop there. You are young, you have to learn. No matter what quality you have, you have to listen to people, let people help you be good.
    "If Cristiano Ronaldo had gone to Manchester United and thought 'I'm good', he would not have become the best player in the world.
    "He worked with the United players, tried to adapt his style. Those United players made him big, Nicklas just thinks he can make himself big."
    Recalling one particular incident, which ended in a physical confrontation against Tottenham last January, he said: "Nicklas showed me the finger. I am sorry, you cannot show your partner the finger."

Emmanuel, If you boo a player it MIGHT mean you ARE a fan of the club and NOT of the player... who might be playing shyte.
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Emmanuel, If you boo a player it MIGHT mean you ARE a fan of the club and NOT of the player... who might be playing shyte.
      tell him peter!,and whats this about Arsenal fans are Jamaicans and Americans?

Comment

A guess Arsenal have no African fans? Damn them Jamaican fans.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
          "Arsenal have fans from America and Jamaica. Today they are Arsenal fans, tomorrow they will be Liverpool fans, after tomorrow they will be Manchester United fans.
          That's a diss, big time! How di man fi style wi wid ignorant yankee fans?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe he has been reading Karl's ignorant comments on this forum.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ah mussi because a karl an' him anti adebayor comments dem!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

oh. ok! mek sense now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well him just done him talking pon the pitch with a man of the match display.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    A guess Arsenal have no African fans? Damn them Jamaican fans.
                    Adebeyour is a petulant egomaniac who will pay a heavy price one day for dissing a loyal fan base who care just as much about their club as those at Citeh!

What he is NOT factoring in is that ANY LARGE CLUB (and Citeh ain't in that group) will have fans from around the world. In that regard, if Citeh continue on their path, they will likely expand their global fan base and then they too will have Americans and Jamaicans amongst them - what then? Donkey!
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

well well well....

I feel fully vindicated over my (gut) dislike for Bendtner.

I am on record saying this since early last season.

I did not see the game today-- but If he played , he (Bentner) was responsible for the loss.

(Darn...that felt good saying the above)
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

how many fans drop off today?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

bendtner losss inna di game.

Some of what adebayor says might be true no matter how manu fans nuh like berbatov, they know when to quit,

Comment

I'm surprised that the board has taken such a light view of the stampimg Adebayor put on Van Persie... any player who does that definitely is without class. he should have received a red. Hopefully, since they are looking at replays, something will be done.
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                              I'm surprised that the board has taken such a light view of the stampimg Adebayor put on Van Persie... any player who does that definitely is without class. he should have received a red. Hopefully, since they are looking at replays, something will be done.
                              Im sure he will get some sort of punishment handed out by the FA for that stamping incident. Nonetheless he did the business today. Wenger shoulda never sold Adebayor in the first place. Well at least not to a premiership rival!

Comment

Working...
                              X