Tevez surprised by reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tevez surprised by reception

Carlos Tevez admits he was disappointed and surprised his return to Old Trafford was greeted with a crescendo of boos.
    The Argentina international was back at Manchester United on Sunday for the first time since swapping red for blue over the summer.
    Tevez spent two successful seasons with the Red Devils before crossing the city in the close-season to join free-spending Manchester City.
    But the forward was roundly booed throughout City's 4-3 defeat and was thought to be the target for a missile that struck team-mate Javier Garrido as the sides left the field at half-time.

It was a turn of events that has left Tevez perplexed given he had been awarded a warm reception by his former team-mates.
    "I must admit I did believe I would get a different reception from the United supporters," he is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail.
    "Initially everything was positive and I was greeted by my former team-mates and United staff without any problems at all.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Wait .. he turned his back on the team, then started talking bad about the boss and excepted a warm reception?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

amazing indeed.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You just do not know how much i wanted him to score...and do an Adebayor slidEEEE.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          You just do not know how much i wanted him to score...and do an Adebayor slidEEEE.
          Yes, you made that sentiment known last week, however, didn't I tell you I very much doubted that he would score? Man City and their fans must be thanking Ben Foster and Rio for making the game look deceptively close.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Wait .. he turned his back on the team, then started talking bad about the boss and excepted a warm reception?
            Lazie, you will never cease to amaze me with your mind-blowing selective memory. No matter what the story, Tevez didn't deserve that, neither will Owen when he shows up at Anfield this season.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              Lazie, you will never cease to amaze me with your mind-blowing selective memory. No matter what the story, Tevez didn't deserve that, neither will Owen when he shows up at Anfield this season.

selective memory? yuh serious? didn't i acknowledge his contribution all along, but I also point to his bad mouthing the boss after he left. did Owen duh any such thing?

Comment

derby a derby Paul. It nuh matter, he left and went accross town and didn't expect it?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X