Davis blow for Sheffield United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis blow for Sheffield United

<SPAN class=storyheadline>On a side note I read articles as well that said that Sheffield had targets in Europe they were looking at to strengthen the squad. I will keep my fingers crossed that Luton Shelton is on his short list. - T.K.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storyheadline>Davis blow for Sheffield United</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock fears defender Claude Davis could be “out for a few weeks.”

Davis was forced off after 30 minutes of last night’s crucial 1-0 Barclays Premiership victory over Watford at Vicarage Road with a knee injury.

The centre-back was left writhing in agony after blocking a shot from Watford’s Gavin Mahon, and although he managed to hobble off, Warnock now fears the worst.

“We don’t know the full extent of Claude’s injury at the moment,” said Warnock.

“But he’ll have a scan and we’ll take it from there, although we think he might be out for a few weeks.”<DIV align=center></DIV>

It is the second serious injury for Davis since he joined United in a club record £2.5million deal from Preston in June.

The Jamaica international missed the first five league matches of the season with a knee cartilage injury sustained in a pre-season friendly in early August.

Davis was not the only casualty of the win over the Hornets, with Warnock counting the cost as Derek Geary, Mikele Leigertwood and Chris Morgan all required treatment during the game.</SPAN>
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: Davis blow for Sheffield United

<DIV>While we search for that 2-way midfielder, let's make sure we have an able replacement for Claude Davis who seems to spend more time in the clinic than on the field.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Wishing him a speedy recovery!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Search? Where is Shavar Thomas?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Eureka!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sickko, does it also seem that we are well stocked in our goalkeeping department? When we consider the fact that our #1 Ricketts is playing Championship league in England, Sawyers doing well at Portmore, andMcCallum being outstanding at Waterhouse, it would appear to me that we are ok. Then on the B team we would have Leighton Murray at Village, Jacomena Barrett at Joe Public, the other Barrett at Wadadah and Leon Gordon at TGFC. Alleyene Whittaker could also make a comeback. Maybe it's not what we would call an embarassment of riches, but at least we have very capable backups.

As a roving reporter you likely see quite a bit of those on the local front. If you have to make a list of our top-4 keepers to hand to Bora, who would you pick and it what order?
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

As for the senior team I would stop after Ricketts and McCallum honestly, Jaco still need some work but he has all the tools.

It was embarrasing to see Murray conceding five from a half way decent Reno team on Sunday.

Sawyers is not in the PMU team right now, not sure why but I know he had some injury problems.

Leon with the braids is not at TG, since they suspended Robbie Scott I see some youngster keeping for them now.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Thanks. I like Jaco too and thought he showed some promise when he played against Club America. Hope is is getting some good coaching tips at Joe Public.
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I agree. Ricketts and McCallum are...oh, Dwayne Kerr is also one to watch and so also the other U-20 keeper from HVFC.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know you saw a lot of Murray while he was at HVFC; did he look ordinary then? Hard to understand how a player who was good enough to make the bench for the national team, could fall so rapidly.

Comment

Working...
                  X