As much as Paul Marin goes out of his way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as Paul Marin goes out of his way

to take shots at the Greatest Manager English Football will ever see ...check the excerpts of an article written by Henry Winter. No wonder Paul claim SAF have no class.

Outside the game, Ferguson is perceived as Captain Cantankerous. The public only sees him in the dugout or in an occasional post-match interviews, raging about something or someone.
    When I assisted Kenny Dalglish with a book 14 years ago, the publishers sought a big name for the foreword and Kenny, the former Liverpool manager then taking on Ferguson with Blackburn Rovers, immediately piped up: "Oh, Alec'll do it. Nae problem.''
    "What?'' I spluttered. "But you two have always feuded, remember all that 'you'll get more sense out of my wee bairn' jibes.'' "No, Alec's as good as gold,'' insisted Dalglish. "He'll do it.'' And Ferguson did. He was also the first manager on the phone to Dalglish after Hillsborough, offering sympathy and support.
    This is the side that the public does not know, that union leaders and football administrators cannot imagine. Ferguson probably does not worry deeply about his image but he could easily quote the late, great Eric Morecambe: "You'll miss me when I'm gone''.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...e-a-point.html#
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Nice post!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ferguson deserves punishment for his unfounded barbs about Alan Wiley's fitness but this nationwide race to pillory the Manchester United manager stinks of jealousy, hypocrisy and inconsistency.
      We cannot have it both ways. We cannot install Ferguson on a pedestal, lauding everything from the frequent joy spread by his teams, the way he nurtures coltish thoroughbreds and his eloquent tribute to Robson, and then immediately march him towards the public stocks for an intemperate remark.

So who is the "we" he is referring to?

Any way you want to slice it, I will go out on a branch,and while I am not his advocate, Paul M's position has been MOST consistent vis a vis "Slur Alick"

IMHO fergie is still a wanker LOL.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Ferguson deserves punishment for his unfounded barbs about Alan Wiley's fitness but this nationwide race to pillory the Manchester United manager stinks of jealousy, hypocrisy and inconsistency.
        We cannot have it both ways. We cannot install Ferguson on a pedestal, lauding everything from the frequent joy spread by his teams, the way he nurtures coltish thoroughbreds and his eloquent tribute to Robson, and then immediately march him towards the public stocks for an intemperate remark.

So who is the "we" he is referring to?

Any way you want to slice it, I will go out on a branch,and while I am not his advocate, Paul M's position has been MOST consistent vis a vis "Slur Alick"

IMHO fergie is still a wanker LOL.
        Jumping to Paul's defense? Yuh right on one thing Paul has been consistent in his pettiness. The fact that the first name a Liverpool legend could come up with was the classless Ferguson. Keep up with the pettiness Peter.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Jumping to Paul's defense? Yuh right on one thing Paul has been consistent in his pettiness. The fact that the first name a Liverpool legend could come up with was the classless Ferguson. Keep up with the pettiness Peter.
          Lazie, you are quite funny. You make a post with my name prominently displayed with no intent but to admonish me in front of the forumites, yet I'm the petty one. Stunning.

If you were truly interested in adhering to substantive discussion, you would be able to take a step back, look at my posts with the crystal clear clarity of a wise man and acknowledge that I have never, ever argued against your manager's remarkable accomplishments - they are irrefutable. However, I have also been clear that in my subjective opinion, his methods and behaviours are beyond deplorable.

Deplorable? Yes, deplorable!! Anyone that has followed the game as long as I have will recognise that there is a long list of players who have left the latrine under acrimonious circumstances, more so than any other club that I can think of. This supports other overwhelming evidence that your manager is a bully, most recently with his comments about Alan Wiley and treatment of Ben Foster. However, there are also many others who have been subjected to his unilateral, aggressive and berating style and these incidents appear to increase with time, not decrease. This is not behaviour deserving of respect or admiration of a man in such a high position and in my opinion, detracts from him, his club, English football and the game.

By contrast, the successful English football managers of the past were far more diplomatic and dignified. Bob Paisley, Matt Busby and the late Sir Bobby Robson are good examples of great English football managers who were widely respected for their football acumen as well as their good manners and gentlemanly decorum.

Now, you are a far younger man than me, so good manners and proper etiquette may not be important to your generation, but it is to mine. As such, when I look at these greats and compare their general good sense and decency to the unethical and reprehensible conduct of your manager, I find it impossible to admire him in the way that I admire Matt Busby, Bobby Robson or Bob Paisley. His conduct bears no resemblance to the fine examples set by these upstanding ambassadors of our good game.

One would understandably expect that one who has achieved so much would not need to stoop to the childish, perverse and fractious antics which have characterised his all too common low-class comportment in recent times.

And this is important. For when King Kenny asked him to do the foreword to his book, that was circa 1995/96. Your manager had won maybe 3 titles, not the 11 that he now boasts. His star was in the ascendancy and one could argue that at that time, Dalglish's star shone far more brightly in the conscience of the average English football fan. Accordingly, I could debate how self serving this action was on your manager's part. My point is that it would be a colossal mistake to assume that in 1995, Slurgueson was a more commanding figure than Kenny Dalglish.

Accordingly, while what I am about to say is far from a certainty, were I a betting man, I would put a hefty wager that under no circumstances would Kenny Dalglish extend any offer to Slur Alex to write a foreword, introduction or preface of any kind in any book that he were to publish now. This is not for any other reason than the mere fact that the Slurfartlick of 1995 and the Slurfartlick of 2009 are very different men as his arrogance and lack of humilty has increased with his success.

Lastly, even this pig can do good deeds every now and again. He is human, capable of both good and bad. But a good deed here or there doesn't necessarily obliterate or make right the one-sided, petulant and overbearing assaults Slurgy has had on his adversaries or players, assaults engineered only to serve his own selfish purposes. It is beyond disgraceful. Indeed, it is a crying shame, because his managerial accomplishments would lead one to believe that he is capable of delivering a far more august example of a successful manager's decorum. Pitiful. Petty.

YNWA
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            Lazie, you are quite funny. You make a post with my name prominently displayed with no intent but to admonish me in front of the forumites, yet I'm the petty one. Stunning.

If you were truly interested in adhering to substantive discussion, you would be able to take a step back, look at my posts with the crystal clear clarity of a wise man and acknowledge that I have never, ever argued against your manager's remarkable accomplishments - they are irrefutable. However, I have also been clear that in my subjective opinion, his methods and behaviours are beyond deplorable.

Deplorable? Yes, deplorable!! Anyone that has followed the game as long as I have will recognise that there is a long list of players who have left the latrine under acrimonious circumstances, more so than any other club that I can think of. This supports other overwhelming evidence that your manager is a bully, most recently with his comments about Alan Wiley and treatment of Ben Foster. However, there are also many others who have been subjected to his unilateral, aggressive and berating style and these incidents appear to increase with time, not decrease. This is not behaviour deserving of respect or admiration of a man in such a high position and in my opinion, detracts from him, his club, English football and the game.

By contrast, the successful English football managers of the past were far more diplomatic and dignified. Bob Paisley, Matt Busby and the late Sir Bobby Robson are good examples of great English football managers who were widely respected for their football acumen as well as their good manners and gentlemanly decorum.

Now, you are a far younger man than me, so good manners and proper etiquette may not be important to your generation, but it is to mine. As such, when I look at these greats and compare their general good sense and decency to the unethical and reprehensible conduct of your manager, I find it impossible to admire him in the way that I admire Matt Busby, Bobby Robson or Bob Paisley. His conduct bears no resemblance to the fine examples set by these upstanding ambassadors of our good game.

One would understandably expect that one who has achieved so much would not need to stoop to the childish, perverse and fractious antics which have characterised his all too common low-class comportment in recent times.

And this is important. For when King Kenny asked him to do the foreword to his book, that was circa 1995/96. Your manager had won maybe 3 titles, not the 11 that he now boasts. His star was in the ascendancy and one could argue that at that time, Dalglish's star shone far more brightly in the conscience of the average English football fan. Accordingly, I could debate how self serving this action was on your manager's part. My point is that it would be a colossal mistake to assume that in 1995, Slurgueson was a more commanding figure than Kenny Dalglish.

Accordingly, while what I am about to say is far from a certainty, were I a betting man, I would put a hefty wager that under no circumstances would Kenny Dalglish extend any offer to Slur Alex to write a foreword, introduction or preface of any kind in any book that he were to publish now. This is not for any other reason than the mere fact that the Slurfartlick of 1995 and the Slurfartlick of 2009 are very different men as his arrogance and lack of humilty has increased with his success.

Lastly, even this pig can do good deeds every now and again. He is human, capable of both good and bad. But a good deed here or there doesn't necessarily obliterate or make right the one-sided, petulant and overbearing assaults Slurgy has had on his adversaries or players, assaults engineered only to serve his own selfish purposes. It is beyond disgraceful. Indeed, it is a crying shame, because his managerial accomplishments would lead one to believe that he is capable of delivering a far more august example of a successful manager's decorum. Pitiful. Petty.

YNWA
            See, even in the above post you continue to exhibit your pettiness. Slurgy, Slurfartlick, Slur Alex, Slurgueson and thats in one post. Despite your continued hatred towards the WINNER, how many managers seeking a new job call on SAF for reference? How many managers indicate that whenever they start a new job one of the first person to call and wish them well is Fergie? Yuh can mek yuh assumptions all yuh want, the fact remains of all the people your King Kenny could think of the first name he could utter is Alex Ferguson.

As for your reference to Ben Foster, of course you would want to see Ben Foster continue messing up. That would certainly prevent Manchester United from winning the title, so I fully expect supporters of the yearly losers to have a problem. Did you have a problem with how Harry handled Bent after he missed a sitter last season? Did you complain with how Rafa handled Jermaine Pennant?

Carry on with your anti winner campaign.

Comment

I am convinced you need to go back to school for remedial English comprehension...sigh
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                I am convinced you need to go back to school for remedial English comprehension...sigh
                There were those who were convinced the earth was flat. Its comical that after so many explanation about the added time in the Manchester derby you're still to comprehend it, yet you question other ppl's english comprehension? Talk bout pot calling kettle black.

Comment

peter & paul a duh a tag team thing 'pon yuh eh....?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    peter & paul a duh a tag team thing 'pon yuh eh....?
                    .... more like Mutt and Jeff. Mi back broad.

Comment

I was going to jump into the argument, but i see that Mr. President's back is indeed broad. He has handled the Mutt and Jeff hayters with aplomb. Well done Mr. President
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lazie, you would make a great PR person. You never let fact, logic or honesty ever get in the way of your perception. Of all things to focus on in my post, you pick the parts that are most trivial. Above all else, you are consistent in your complete blind loyalty, which while admirable, has often been the weak under belly of most civilizations. I suspect that you count yourself amongst the loyalists, unable to see fact due to your blind allegiance. Germany had a complete nation full of people like you.

Be that as it may, I will take it as an affirmation of my position that you had nothing to say about my comparison's of your exalted manager to the great English managers of the past. Of course, there is nothing that you can say...because the truth, is above all else, the truth.

YNWA.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Hey Paul mind how yuh a call me President Nazi yuh know....

BTW what does YNWA means? I have always wondered about that along with STEEEUUPP.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            .... more like Mutt and Jeff. Mi back broad.
                            This is a perfect example of Lazie's hypocrisy. He takes great umbrage with me calling his manager "names". He protects him blindly, even though Slurgieson most likely doesn't even know Lazie exists...and yet...Lazie degenerates to calling me and Saint Peter names. So much for me being the petty one.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              Lazie, you would make a great PR person. You never let fact, logic or honesty ever get in the way of your perception. Of all things to focus on in my post, you pick the parts that are most trivial. Above all else, you are consistent in your complete blind loyalty, which while admirable, has often been the weak under belly of most civilizations. I suspect that you count yourself amongst the loyalists, unable to see fact due to your blind allegiance. Germany had a complete nation full of people like you.

Be that as it may, I will take it as an affirmation of my position that you had nothing to say about my comparison's of your exalted manager to the great English managers of the past. Of course, there is nothing that you can say...because the truth, is above all else, the truth.

YNWA.
                              Most trivial? At least you told the truth that you were being trivial in the post. The entire post was trivial Paul, only yuh side kick Jeff would be impressed with that. Its all good to knock another team, but your hatred of SAF ... its clear yuh need theraphy.

Comment

Working...
                              X