Gunner for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunner for life

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has admitted he would be happy to stay at Emirates Stadium for his entire career.
    The Spain international also moved to insist that his focus on the Gunners would not be swayed by the latest round of speculation linking him with a return to Barcelona.
    Fabregas joined Arsenal as a 15-year-old after starting out at Camp Nou and has long been linked with a return to his homeland after blossoming into a midfield maestro.
    The 22-year-old has recently found his name being bandied about as a political pawn in Barca's presidential election campaign.
    Out-going supremo Joan Laporta has hinted a deal is already in place to bring Fabregas back next summer, seen as a move to undermine the election campaign of old rival Sandro Rosell, with Agusti Benedito also vying for power.
    But Fabregas is unworried by the rumours and, when asked whether he could envisage staying at Arsenal for the whole of his career, replied: "Why not?
    "I have never really thought about it, staying here all my life, because I am only 22 and you never know what your career will bring - but why not?
    "It is my seventh season now, I am really happy, better than ever, so you never know."
    Great season

Fabregas, who was speaking to the media ahead of Tuesday night's UEFA Champions League clash with Standard Liege at Emirates Stadium, added: "This [speculation] has been going for years.
    "It does not affect me at all.
    "I don't mind really if it happens, it happens - but it will not change the way I think.
    "I do not think about it because I do not want to and I do not think I should.
    "I am at a great club, with a great team and am happy.
    "We have a long season in front of us, and the last thing I want to do is get disconnected from what I have to do playing for Arsenal, who are the club which pays me.
    "I am really looking forward to a great season with Arsenal."

Very strong

Defeat at Sunderland on Saturday saw Arsene Wenger's men slip eight points adrift of leaders Chelsea, although they still have the benefit of a game in hand.
    And with the North London outfit hosting the league leaders on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1, Fabregas knows he and his team-mates are facing a crucial clash.
    Fabregas said: "The Chelsea game is vital. We have to win, and we will be ready for it.
    "Chelsea are a great team, one of the best in Europe, are very strong and have been playing together for a long time.
    "They know each other very well, and you can see that on the pitch.
    "I respect them a lot, but I know what we can do as well. If we play like we can at our best, then we can beat them.
    "With the game in hand we have as well, we could still be there.
    "But first of all, we think about the Liege game, and then about Chelsea, but, yes, it is an important week for us."

he's 22 and that is a very feel good statement but it is very unlikely.

that is why i have to respect paolo maldini...one club...for his entire 20 year professional career!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wait ... mek we see the reaction when his mentor Pep say come run the midfield at Barca.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

igle talk dat.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          he's 22 and that is a very feel good statement but it is very unlikely.

that is why i have to respect paolo maldini...one club...for his entire 20 year professional career!
          To be fair Gamma,Maldini is Italian and at the biggest club in Italy so why move? While Cesc is likely to go back home at some point in his career lets hope we can keep him for another 5 years.

Comment

ok...that talk is a more realistic and likely one.

re maldini...look how much italians move through that same club?! maldini was special.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

One certain cheater said the same thing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I didnt know maradona wanted to stay at barcelona for his entire career.

Comment

xabi?

Comment

Maldini was probably influenced by his father who also played most of his career at AC.
                    Peter R

Comment

Mo you obviously believe that certain infractions carry more weight than others.

I think when the infraction results in a goal for the offender's team, it is perceived as more glaring than if the offender had stopped a goal with a vicious tackle on an attacker. Usually we don't refer to the latter as a cheat. Conceptually, I don't see the difference (the goal notwithstanding).
                      Peter R

Comment

There are several reasons in my mind why I think some acts of cheating are worse than others. Not least of which is the end result of the cheat. When a cheating act knocks another out of the world cup, that cheat is worse than one in a regular Sunday league game. That's just the way I see it and I'm not going to sit here and devise some formula as to why one is worth than the other.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

but more importantly the club wanted to keep him even under a uccssion of managers.

Comment

Working...
                          X