• Show
Clear All

• Magical start for Whitmore

Magical start for Whitmore
    published: Tuesday | December 5, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody x8F28="true">

Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

WHITMORE

Former <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">Jamaica</SPAN> midfield magician Theodore Whitmore pulled off a small miracle in the opening game of a double header at Jarrett Park on Sunday when he inspired Seba United to a 1-0 win, their fourth success in 13 games, over Village <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; COLOR: orange! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: orange 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">United</SPAN> at Jarrett Park.

In the feature encounter, Wadadah and Reno played to a goalless finish.

The win was a positive start for Whitmore who was appointed interim coach for two games following the departure of Geoffrey Maxwell last week, a few days after a 0-3 loss to Portmore United.

"I think it was a disciplined game from Seba. We did not have Sion McNish and Damion Williams, but we just had to work. The three points are long overdue and a win is a win so we just have to take it from there," a pleased Whitmore said after the win which pulled them out of the relegation zone.

Glenroy Miller provided the vital strike in the 45th minute to put a smile on the faces of the faithful who turned out to support their team.

But while the result was different there were not many differences in the way the team played. What was impressive about the team was the performance of attacking players Delroy Ellis and Oliver Trail who were used as markers due to <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">injuries</SPAN> and absences.

As has been the case so far this season, Seba knocked the ball around well, but found it difficult to score. For the early first half it appeared as if it would be another misfiring evening as Wilfred Smith, Miller, and Ricardo Geddes had missed opportunities. Of the three only Geddes could not be blamed for missing.

Miller's goal came just before the half-time break w

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Magical start for Whitmore

Congrats to the man on his first game as player/coach.

Comment

Me (12/5/2006)Congrats to the man on his first game as player/coach.
      My congrats to Tappa.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Is long time mi ah tell unnuh say him

can do dat fi Rboyz but unnuh nuh waan lissen, so mi low unnuh.

Comment

<DIV>Jawge, it helps when the writer is a Tappa fan.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That said, the last time I saw Tappa play, he did indeed have a good game. So, let's wait for my report the next time he plays. I think I will be a little more objective than one Nodley Wright. </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo you don't have to be a

fan of Tappa. The man skills speak for itself. Did you see the futbol Mudial special on the RboyZ; Where is the Rboyz now. Tappa is presently Ja's greatest player and Bora will tell you the same. Throw away that wodden idol (Hue) and step into reality.

Comment

Correction..not his first game as player/coach...he has operated in this capacity in the past and as recent as last season when Heron Grey was away on family business
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

One game against a poor Village team missing most of their top players and the man turn coaching wizard...what a prekkeh.

On a serious note...does Tappa want the job? The club had announced last week that he would be in the job for only two games then they will be naming a permanent replacement. Maybe he will be the replacement I dont know but from what I have heard him say, he does not have the stomach for that job at all.
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                X