X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man City want African Nations cup deal

Manchester City want African Nations Cup deal

Hughes wants a player deal for the African Nations Cup

Manchester City want an agreement with African countries over the release of players for the Nations Cup in January.
    Togo's Emmanuel Adebayor and Ivorian Kolo Toure will join their countries for the three-week festival in Angola.
    They must be released two weeks before the tournament starts but manager Mark Hughes wants to delay their departure.
    "There is a suggestion that there may be a preparation period that has to be factored in, which we are obviously aware of," said Hughes.
    "There will be a number of communications between the associations involved in terms of the release date for British-based players.
    "A lot of other leagues have a break over the festive period that allows them to meet up earlier.
    "I think there will be an understanding that we have a crucial period of the season coming up and that will be taken into account."
    Hughes is looking to avoid a situation where Manchester City lose key players for up to 10 games because of the tournament which starts on 10 January.
    That absence will be keenly felt as the respective nations will be calling their players into a training camp a fortnight before the tournament actually begins.
    Such a move, if enforced, would rob City of the former Arsenal duo for the festive programme, which includes matches against Stoke and Wolves.
    There will also be an FA Cup third round tie to play on 2 January and the first leg of the Carling Cup semi-final - if City beat the Gunners in Wednesday's last eight encounter at Eastlands - which could take place 48 hours before the tournament starts.
    Given there are another four league games, plus the potential for two more cup ties, discounting the possibility of replays, before the players return at the beginning of February, they could be missing for a total of 10 games.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Shatta woulda tell you that them want about 10 more Africans, the way them a play later.

Where is HL, him a waggonist or what?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The man nuh buy a million and one players. He has more than an adequate squad.

Comment

you think so? Wait till next month when transfer window open
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am a Man City die-hard Assasin. I've watched all their games that's televised.

Look Man. City is 5 wins and 7 draws. They have lost only 1 game.
          Seems to me that if they had won all the games they drew--they would be in 2nd or at worst 3rd place in the EPL.

The team is doing satisfactory--- they just need to learn how to maintain a lead.

Their next games are against: Chelsea, Bolton Spurs, Sunderland and Stoke.

They can afford to lose Toure and Adebayor for a while. The manager is just paranoid about losing them to injury. Se what happened to Robinho?

Arsenal had a massive loss for the same reason too.
          Last edited by HL; November 29, 2009, 11:48 PM.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
          X