RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican football slowing sliding into the abyss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican football slowing sliding into the abyss.

Boyz slip seven places in FIFA rankings
    CMC
    Thursday, December 17, 2009

Caribbean Football Union December 2009 Rankings (FIFA Rankings in bracket)

1 Jamaica (81)
    2 Trinidad & Tobago (82)
    3 Haiti (90)
    4 Cuba (119)
    5 Guyana (127)
    6 Barbados (129)
    7 Antigua & Barbuda (130)
    8 Grenada (138)
    9 Bermuda (142)
    10 Suriname (144)
    11 St Vincent & the Grenadines (145)
    12 St Kitts & Nevis (156)
    13 Puerto Rico (165)
    14 Netherlands Antilles (168)
    15 Turks & Caicos Islands (177)
    16 Bahamas (180)
    17 Cayman Islands (183)
    18 St Lucia (186)
    19 Dominican Republic (190)
    20 British Virgin Islands (191)

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-thing-comment
    Last edited by Lazie; December 17, 2009, 10:18 AM.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Not attractive.

Still, let's hope a few european WC qualified teams will beg Jamaica for a tune-up match.....
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

That darn Boxhill, why him nuh go away and leave football to those who can handle it???
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

'beg Jamaica' for a warm up match?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

yeah!....what?

HL

Comment

Is English even you first language, what does the word 'beg' connote? Are we in any position to force ppl to beg us for games?
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Ziggy Marley have a song called Kozmic.

One stanza goes: 'intellect takes advantage of the simple man'.

HL

Comment

we nuh reach 100 yet.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Still, let's hope a few european WC qualified teams will beg Jamaica for a tune-up match.....
                  Not if they know what's good for them they won't.

Remember when the USA played Jamaica in a friendly just before the 2002 WC? We won 5-0, but the Boyz played very rough and were throwing around late tackles left and right. Several of our players finished the game injured.

Who wants to risk that before a World Cup?
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

i was at that games and stop your lying. The boys didn't play ruff. How many of your players missed a game because of injury? Post it.

We played the US before the last world cup as well and how many players got injured? How many players from England got injured their last friendly.

You need fi think sometimes before you spew.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i'm just trying to be smart Zeppo.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        i was at that games and stop your lying. The boys didn't play ruff.
                        Read the report yourself:

American attack fires on all cylinders, but physical battle causes concerns
                        There is something to be said for a 5-0 romp over a regional rival, but tonight’s brawl with Jamaica was not what coach Bruce Arena and the United States men needed.

The match at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., was extremely physical with the Americans facing a team with a chip on its shoulder. It was the equivalent of playground basketball -- fast, tough and, at times, ugly. Jamaica was not particularly skillful, but big and tough, its players not happy they would be watching the World Cup on TV while the U.S. was soon headed to the Big Dance which starts May 31 in South Korea and Japan.
                        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

So you use one article without source to prove your point? I was at the game and I never saw it. Again how many players missed a game?

A few bruises maybe but that is common. Again we played the US in the Coralina before the last World cup and what happened there?

Tell me how many times Jamaican players injury American players in games?

Comment

How far away is that if we cant get any decent games in the first three months of the new year... as I am trying to get into that concrete orb on top of HL's shoulders...Jamaica is not an attractive opposition right now and no one will come 'begging' games... it is up to us to go begging games and to make it an attractive proposition to the other countries.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

No doubt mi agree with you on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X