This year's EPL take nothing for granted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's EPL take nothing for granted

With Liverpool losing to Portsmouth... lawd we cyan dash weh opportunity...we still looking for our testicles...

ManU losing to Fulham by 3 goals

Chelsea drawing with WHU

The season is almost at the halfway point... even tho' my team is performing miserably this is the most enjoyable EPL season I've experienced. It a guh nice! except for pool dropping out of the CL.
    Peter R

Title race is wide open - Wenger

Title race is wide open says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

Page last updated at 16:46 GMT, Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Wenger has won the Premier League three times with Arsenal

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes this season's Premier League title race is the most open of his 13 years in English football.

The Gunners trail leaders Chelsea by six points, but all the top clubs have dropped a surprising number of points.

"Nobody is looking to run away early in the season," said the 60-year-old.

"We have up to eight teams who all can create a surprise at any weekend and that is why it is certainly the most open since I've been here."

Leaders Chelsea have already lost to Wigan, Manchester City and Aston Villa, while defending champions Manchester United have suffered four league defeats - the same as in the whole of last year's campaign.

Wenger, who joined Arsenal in 1996, last lifted the Premier League trophy in 2004 but recent results have boosted his hopes for more success.

Chelsea are winless in four games since their 3-0 win at the Emirates, while United are just three points ahead of Arsenal following their 1-0 defeat at home by Aston Villa.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have found themselves struggling in mid-table after a nightmare start to the season, although manager Rafael Benitez has assured supporters that they will finish in the top four despite the challenge posed by Villa, Tottenham and Manchester City.

Wenger added: "Things change very quickly. What looks for definite in this league is just short-term. No situation is definitely established.

"Chelsea looked to be running away with it two weeks ago, today it is different. That is why, certainly since I have been here, this is the most open championship."

Wenger is preparing his team for a trip to Burnley on Wednesday on the back of their spirited comeback at the weekend at Anfield.

Captain Cesc Fabregas revealed that at half-time the manager had "screamed and said we didn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt".

Wenger, whose team also have the luxury of a game in hand on their nearest rivals, said: "The real message we have given out is that Arsenal is ready for a fight and that we do not give up.

"But to think that we can relax would just demonstrate we are not very intelligent. I believe we are.

"If we have learned one thing from the beginning of the season until now, it is that every single team has to be considered very seriously and we have to be highly committed and focused."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X