Is this the COOLEST Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the COOLEST Manager

in the EPL?<P class=big>Reading's three successive wins in November earned Steve Coppell the Barclays Manager of the Month Award for November.

The Royals started the month with a defeat Liverpool, but they bounced back to get the better of Tottenham, Charlton and Fulham to climb into the top half of the table.

Reading have confounded the critics as they sit in sixth place in the table and it is the second Manager of the Month Award of the season for Coppell, having scooped the prize in September.

Jim Hytner, from the Barclays Awards Panel, said: "Reading continue to impress in their debut season in the Barclays Premiership.

"Coppell's second award in three months shows he and his club really are at the top of their game."

Coppell has admitted he was surprised to land November's award.

"I'm pleased to win the award because it means the team are doing well, although I must admit I was surprised to win it because we lost our first game of the month," he said.

"But that's my second award this season and I suppose I'd settle for winning it every other month!"

The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football's governing bodies, the media and fans.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Is this the COOLEST Manager

unnuh will remember seh long time ago mi did advise unnuh?karl..yuh memba?!!

i admire coppell's managerial skill and style...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

RE: Is this the COOLEST Manager

He is a Top 5 coach in the EPL. He is CLASS. I have been following Reading from last year when I read an article from Jason Roberts,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4830280.stm

That is when I saw that they play a possession game and have real penetration and they dont seem to panic when under pressure or losing a game. Here is the article

Jason Roberts column

Wigan striker Jason Roberts

By Jason Roberts

Wigan striker

I reckon Reading are going to make a big impact in the Premiership next season.

The Royals will follow us into the top flight and I think they are going to surprise some people.

Reading striker Dave Kitson

Roberts has backed Kitson and co to shine in the Premiership

A team like Reading has to look at us and what we have done and ask if they can achieve what we have.

I believe they have got the players to do just that.

Not many of them have Premiership experience and it makes them a little bit dangerous. I see that as a plus because the guys will be so keen to prove how good they are.

They don't concede many goals, have got two very good wingers in Bobby Convey and Glen Little and three strikers who have scored plenty of goals too.

They have all paid their dues and are ready to play in the top division now.

Look at Leroy Lita and Dave Kitson, Steve Sidwell and James Harper.

People have been looking at them for a while wondering if they could make the step up and now it's their time.

You have to start planning for the Premiership the moment you are officially promoted, but I don't think Reading should do things much differently to what they do now as it clearly works.

To be honest I've expected them to get promoted since the start of the season - I thought they might go up last year and they have got some fabulous players.

They will enjoy the initial celebration and there will be a real buzz for a while, but quite soon after that they will start to get ready for the massive challenge that is ahead of them - Premiership football.

As individuals they will look upon it as a big step because it is a much higher level in terms of profile and especially in terms of ability - they will be thinking 'can I cut it at that level?'

Jason Roberts (left) celebrates Wigan's promotion last season

Jason Roberts and Nathan Ellington celebrate Wigan's promotion

I have been promoted to the Premiership twice and I didn't do anything differently this time around, you just prepare as you know best, how you have always done.

I don't train any harder because I am in the Premiership from when I was in the third division, no way, because you do your best all the time no matter what level you are at.

We have given teams respect this season but we have believed in ourselves and we are here to play football, not to be gallant losers every week.

One thing is for sure - getting off to a good start is important. You have to learn fast in this division because if you take too long you will be down already.

I have a lot of confidence in this Reading team and I think they will stay up.

# Finally, I need to make an admission about the computer game Pro Evolution Soccer.

A couple of weeks ago I said I could beat anyone in the world, but I had a league with some mates last weekend and I actually came last.

But it was a long weekend and I was tired - I reckon if we did it again I would definitely win!
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Working...
      X