Am I the only one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one

Long time I haven't posted on the forum but I have always been around and kept in touch with the direction of the program. Am I the only one who getting the vibe that the commentators on KLAS lobbying for a new coach? Every 2 minutes the clown of an analyst says "too predictable" nuh bother come with the it is what it is...trust me Jeffery sound like him carrying feelings say Whitmore have the job. So funny right as Jeffery criticize Shelton him buss Canada net...them need new commentators

Now them criticizing Whitmore for taking off Luton Shelton...this is a PRACTICE match it doesn't matter...Jeffery Maxwell is a clown and him obviously bad minding Whitmore

Comment

the commentary is p iss-poor
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

trust me Jangle it is disgusting...they are spending more time criticizing coaching moves which granted might be warranted but this is a four and a half years process...and if JFF going want to get external funding everybody media included going have to do their part in painting a good picture

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
          trust me Jangle it is disgusting...they are spending more time criticizing coaching moves which granted might be warranted but this is a four and a half years process...and if JFF going want to get external funding everybody media included going have to do their part in painting a good picture

it seems to me Burrell is a @$$ole too , he only gave Tappa a 1 year
          contract and I bet if it was a white ,chiney or indian foreign coach he
          would have gave them a 3 year contract
          Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
          United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
          happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
          Probably forthcoming...

Comment

I think The Captain is positioning himself by signing Whitmore to just a one-year contract. Tappa is popular and does get the results but some in academia think he lacks what it takes to win against the more tactical and experienced coaches at the international level. Whether that is a fact or not is up for discussion.

The act of signing Whitmore to just a one-year contract is wise and does not merit your misrepresentation of The Captain. Mr Burrell is simply keeping his options open and, by doing this, forces Coach Whitmore to hone his skills while getting good results. Tek it easy deh wbvs!
            Last edited by Farmah; January 31, 2010, 10:49 PM.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Yuh tink seh is Geoff Maxwell alone deh pon Tappa case! Check di Opinion Piece below by Hartley Anderson:

A Challenge To The JFF
              If the JFF is serious about this latest campaign and about football progress on the whole, I challenge the administration to finally decide, for instance, on the destiny of current head coach Theodore Whitmore, who signed a one-year contract after succeeding John Barnes last year.
              Llikewise, the position of technical director, which has been vacant for too long, needs to be urgently filled with a view to preparing the next crop of Reggae Boyz for what is increasingly becoming a difficult campaign in this CONCACAF qualifying group.
              As head coach, Whitmore lacks experience and is professionally naive -- as was seen at last year's Gold Cup in the USA. However, he evidently has the full backing of the players -- a crucial factor in achieving motivation and success at this level.
              Further, his impeccable credentials as a midfielder makes Whitmore the consummate 'player's coach' as he has the capacity to effectively connect with his charges in this area as well.
              For its part, the JFF has to decide whether or not it wants to hit the ground running in appointing a more experienced individual who has both the technical acumen and international exposure and connections to propel the flagging unit to the heights obtained not so long ago.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...s-Desk_7375395
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                but some in academia think he lacks what it takes to win against the more tactical and experienced coaches at the international level.
                am happy u said its up for discussion , when sven goran ericksson
                carry the mexicans to National Stadium and dem get 1 love who was
                coaching ? when rueda the Coach of Honduras came the same result .
                When Tappa went to South Africa and Jam... played against Alberto Parreira ,the return leg in Jamaica was cancelled . What academia u talking about , jeffrey maxwell and all had their chances .

TAPPA!! ALL THE WAY !
                Last edited by wbvs; January 31, 2010, 11:02 PM.
                United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Very true, good backing points. However, the naysaying academians will tell you that he failed during the recent Gold Cup.

I for one like Tappa! But I still believe he should grab all the opportunities available (during down times) and take all the courses, workshops and training camps he can go to. I wish him well in the position and hope that The Captain will give him the extended nod. But yuh done kno' how it guh! It's the sponsors and underwriters run tings and, inspite of Whitmore's success rate, they might very well dictate to Mr Burrell who/whom they want as their flag bearer! Corporate dollars have nuff talk inna dis ting!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                    Very true, good backing points. However, the naysaying academians will tell you that he failed during the recent Gold Cup.

I for one like Tappa! But I still believe he should grab all the opportunities available (during down times) and take all the courses, workshops and training camps he can go to. I wish him well in the position and hope that The Captain will give him the extended nod. But yuh done kno' how it guh! It's the sponsors and underwriters run tings and, inspite of Whitmore's success rate, they might very well dictate to Mr Burrell who/whom they want as their flag bearer! Corporate dollars have nuff talk inna dis ting!

while u bring up academics , Tappa have played in a World Cup (the
                    Highest level)and english D2 . Did Dunga went to school when he took over
                    Brazil ? look at english D1 (COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP) nuff coaches there
                    who dont have the academics but they played pro football and uses their
                    experience to coach , Tappa is in similar situation .

Look at Shaibu Amodu and Stephen Keishi of Nigeria , they both bring
                    teams to world cup and never worry too much about academics . The
                    same thing with Tappa now .
                    Probably forthcoming...

Comment

LOL You think Maxwell easy. Every time something happen, he says "as I said they should have done from a long time ago"

Comment

The question is:
                        Can we get the corporate sponsors to buy into this way of thinking?

They're putting up their dollars and may quite likely want to see a "name brand" coach/TD at the helm. Whitmore was winning games when The Captain brought in Johnny Barnes. The visibility factor is at play here wbvs; and Whitmore could be a victim in this scenario. We can argue for his sake and hope that he gets to keep his job but I won't be surprised if a more marketable coach/TD is signed.

Comment

Farmah do mi ah beg yuh stap it man. How many rivers tappa have to cross before he sees the boss? First it was because he was playing the office and not qualifiers. Okay he killed that. Now he has to go seek out a tactical coach? Who is more tactical than the Euros? Sven isn't tactical?

Okay Maybe we could arrange a game with Italy. Why is it so easy for you to accept Diego as a coach but your own Jakan (who happens to play and score goals at the highest level. Just ask Latas and Yorky if it's easy to score goals there) coaching your team is a problem. If Tappa had a Phd. in physics, the argument would be that he did not play at the highest level. It's all in your mind boss; coupled with years of history being taught to you that you are a victim (will address in another post). Let Tappa do his thing. Allow him to go out there and fail, don't bring down failure on the man.

Can you tell me why the corporations won't sponsor Roboyz with Tappa? I see them crawling over each other to sponsor Bolt (who doesn't look different from Tappa) with his thick Jakan accent and all. "If you build it they will come". Let Tappa build it. Remember the Prof. did not have the huge sponsors at the start. The prof. was called a madman.

Right now, I have no convictions in calling Tappa technical director. Matter of fact from Henceforth; I will say Technical Director Whitmore.

Comment

The fact Farmah is saying that the sponsors are not going to put up their money if it is not a name brand coach. Jawge, you cannot kill the messenger. Farmah is just saying it as it is, chances are, it may not be his opinion.

Tappa would have done himself with a good performance in the Gold Cup. He had the chance to show his worth is a real competitive environment and he failed. It matters not if you want yo win against Ericcson, you did not make it out of the group while Mexico did.

Anyway, I am not sure the Captain is ready to take a chance on Tappa and commit to a long term contract then he cannot find anyone to provide sponsorship. It just does not make good business sense.

Talk about Diego, many Argentines are not happy with the choice of Diego as TD for Argentina. Apart from not having the experience, they believe that Diego was a great player but nowhere near being a good TD.

I also would not draw comparison with Diego, Dunga and Tappa. The other two have played for years in teams at the highest levels. Tappa had a good World Cup in 1998, but then had to settle to playing in some lower level teams in England and Scotland. Certainly not the type of experience to hone your coaching skills for the highest level of the game.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mi agree with the writer.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X