Jamaica vs Canada - match summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica vs Canada - match summary

Okay, like I said, this match was too boring and too bad to give you a pile by pile commentary. Let me do it this way:

Dwayne Miller: getting more comfy in goal with every match. His first test saw him expertly punching out a dangerous cross. Made some spectators (wagonists, of course) ask, who him be? I guess Miller felt very good about that play because on another less dangerous cross he thought he would do the same thing, when perhaps he should have held on to it. Nonetheless, a creditable job overall.

Defence Line - Marshall (L), Shavar (C), Jermaine Taylor (R): Solid! Understood their roles and did not put a wrong foot forward, except for a few wayward passes every once in a while. HOWEVER!, Dicoy Williams should never have been sidelined for Marshall. Dicoy, yes di same one unnu waan tease and call Decoy, has been progressing very nicely since his shaky debut and should have been allowed to gel with his teammates. Calling back Marshall, who has my utmost respect, served no purpose! Dicoy was not even on the bench! Waste move dat, coaching staff!

Midfield - Demar Phillips, Jason Morrison, Richard Austin, Eric Vernan: Despite listed as defenders on the match card, Demar and Vernan had absolutely no defensive duties and were really playing in midfield in a 3-4-3 formation. Not their best day. Demar was holding the ball much too long. Smaddy need fi tell him ball nuh play suh again. And his penchant for piling everybody in a 5 ft radius is played out. Austin misfired all day on his passes and shots and made little impact. So also was Morrison whose Kool Kat style has gotten a litle tiring. Vernan tried, and would have done better had some of those long passes from Austin and the rest not flew over his head out of touch. The Canadian leftback was not overly impressed with his speed and locked him down from crossing the ball.

Forward - Omar Cummings, Devon Hodges, Luton Shelton: Took me a while to distinguish between Cummings and Shelton. They both held the ball too long and exhibited poor first touch and dribbling skills. Had they settled down and realised it is a team game, they would not have looked so downright worthless and amateur. I had to remind some people that they were lugging around heavy farin contracts because dem coulda pass fi some Claro balla! Indeed, just before Luton scored the goal, he was stupidly holding up for hours and losing the ball instead of passing to his supporting teammate. Scoring the goal did little to give some sheen to a dull overall performance. Luton did have a wavy run through the park that somehow ended up with the goalie at his mercy, but he his shot was blocked. Hodges looked slow, but maybe because of that, he did not try to run around the place with the ball. Should have done better on a sweet turn, but his strength and awareness could serve him well. Ryan Johnson did well. Played team!

Substitutions: Richard Edwards continues to be overlooked because he does not have a farin contract. About time he starts ahead of Jason Morrison. Lovel Palmer is more effective as a right overlapping winger than Eric Vernan, but he too only plays for Harbour View. He did not even get a sniff of the game yesterday. Keammar Daley and Navion Boyd look like they have some understanding and combined well on one occasion. At least they were passing the ball! They too will never see the light of day as they hug up their local contracts. They deserve a longer look. Maybe some of these players should have come on at half time, not with ten minutes on the click. Oops! I meant clock. The fact they play for Tivoli, my freudian slip of click was purely coincidental! Kenardo Forbes looked a little nervous but did well to evade his marker and get off a harmless shot. I think we also could have given Dwayne Kerr a 15 minute in goal.

I promised a summary, but unnu get more dan unnu pay fa!
    Last edited by Mosiah; February 1, 2010, 12:49 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Do you have an objective summary.. can you wear your other hat?

Comment

what do you mean? which other hat is that? I do not understand the words that are coming out of your mouth!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I wonder if we can get another perspective from anedda forumite who attended the match. How many people were at the match 7,000?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Okay, like I said, this match was too boring and too bad to give you a pile by pile commentary. Let me do it this way:

Dwayne Miller: getting more comfy in goal with every match. His first test saw him expertly punching out a dangerous cross. Made some spectators (wagonists, of course) ask, who him be? I guess Miller felt very good about that play because on another less dangerous cross he thought he would do the same thing, when perhaps he should have held on to it. Nonetheless, a creditable job overall.

Defence Line - Marshall (L), Shavar (C), Jermaine Taylor (R): Solid! Understood their roles and did not put a wrong foot forward, except for a few wayward passes every once in a while. HOWEVER!, Dicoy Williams should never have been sidelined for Marshall. Dicoy, yes di same one unnu waan tease and call Decoy, has been progressing very nicely since his shaky debut and should have been allowed to gel with his teammates. Calling back Marshall, who has my utmost respect, served no purpose! Dicoy was not even on the bench! Waste move dat, coaching staff!

Midfield - Demar Phillips, Jason Morrison, Richard Austin, Eric Vernan: Despite listed as defenders on the match card, Demar and Vernan had absolutely no defensive duties and were really playing in midfield in a 3-4-3 formation. Not their best day. Demar was holding the ball much too long. Smaddy need fi tell him ball nuh play suh again. And his penchant for piling everybody in a 5 ft radius is played out. Austin misfired all day on his passes and shots and made little impact. So also was Morrison whose Kool Kat style has gotten a litle tiring. Vernan tried, and would have done better had some of those long passes from Austin and the rest not flew over his head out of touch. The Canadian leftback was not overly impressed with his speed and locked him down from crossing the ball.

Forward - Omar Cummings, Devon Hodges, Luton Shelton: Took me a while to distinguish between Cummings and Shelton. They both held the ball too long and exhibited poor first touch and dribbling skills. Had they settled down and realised it is a team game, they would not have looked so downright worthless and amateur. I had to remind some people that they were lugging around heavy farin contracts because dem coulda pass fi some Claro balla! Indeed, just before Luton scored the goal, he was stupidly holding up for hours and losing the ball instead of passing to his supporting teammate. Scoring the goal did little to give some sheen to a dull overall performance. Luton did have a wavy run through the park that somehow ended up with the goalie at his mercy, but he his shot was blocked. Hodges looked slow, but maybe because of that, he did not try to run around the place with the ball. Should have done better on a sweet turn, but his strength and awareness could serve him well. Ryan Johnson did well. Played team!

Substitutions: Richard Edwards continues to be overlooked because he does not have a farin contract. About time he starts ahead of Jason Morrison. Lovel Palmer is more effective as a right overlapping winger than Eric Vernan, but he too only plays for Harbour View. He did not even get a sniff of the game yesterday. Keammar Daley and Navion Boyd look like they have some understanding and combined well on one occasion. At least they were passing the ball! They too will never see the light of day as they hug up their local contracts. They deserve a longer look. Maybe some of these players should have come on at half time, not with ten minutes on the click. Oops! I meant clock. The fact they play for Tivoli, my freudian slip of click was purely coincidental! Kenardo Forbes looked a little nervous but did well to evade his marker and get off a harmless shot. I think we also could have given Dwayne Kerr a 15 minute in goal.

I promised a summary, but unnu get more dan unnu pay fa!
          Thanks Mo,appreciated.

Comment

you are welcome!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

maybe if tappa had played your client (Hue) the site would get a more favorable report other than the one above (filled with bile and bitterness . Unnuh Jakan nuh easy at all.

Comment

i don't know. not blaming tappa for any negatives that happened yesterday. maybe the only really puzzling thing was the absence of Dicoy Williams. i didn't expect him to start over Marshall, Shavar or Taylor, but not sure if we needed Marshall.

i support tappa 100%!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Really?

Comment

Forgot to mention thanks for the summary.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Good easy to understand summary!

You said our last defender, 'keeper MILLER did all that was asked of him and looked comfortable...although you took offence with a catchable ball that he punched.

The others...those in front of the 'keeper you suggested worked well together. That suggested that they also never gave away the ball or rarely gave away the ball...thus they played TEAM.

Those in the middle you said all had horrid games.

Need I list -
                      Passing poor = held on to the ball too long,

Poor passing = poor release of the ball = ball not getting to teammates as often as it should,

Poor passing = often hitting passes long & high over Vernon's head = ball not getting to teammates

Poor passing = losing the ball often through poor accuracy of passes

...i.e. = anti-TEAM often and for a protracted period or continuously during game.

Forwards - particularly SHELTON (My comments - We know him...needs to be dismissed from the national set-up until he learns this is a TEAM GAME.

Why?
                      At the highest levels he will be the cause of many losses. The way he plays AGAINST our Reggaeboyz he ensures we shall have, with him on the field, 30% and less possession. Simple for every 7-10 times the ball goes to him he retains possession for TEAM, ONCE.)

Cummings for a long time you could not distinguish from Shelton suggests he was doing the same nonsense as Shelton - anti-TEAM PLAY.

Hodges guilty of anti-TEAM.

Clearly stated...judging our Reggaeboyz against your standard of good play...we were CRAP!
                      Thanks!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

nuh say a word!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

saw Tyrone marshall comments on the weekend saying he wanted a last match in Ja after the bitter pill of the Gcup. Also I dont think you have to use all youth rather a mix of vets is good and gradually we bring in the youth. I dont see it as an issue..I want Mo to say this local player is better than so and so..l just dont say because he is local... how comes Kari stepenson not playing?
                          Last edited by OJ; February 1, 2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Re: "Midfield - Demar Phillips, Jason Morrison, Richard Austin, Eric Vernan: Despite listed as defenders on the match card..."

Mo thanks for that "summary." Good insights bredrin!

As for di one Danny Germs him... mi never did rate him still as a balla even doh him did tek Arnett to di Championship in 1977. Mi see him more as a crikitah still...expert fieldah, above average batsman and very good wicketkeepah! Him dam lucky Tappa call him outta retiahment and gi him a start inna di miggle. How dem did seh him tun madman! Jamaican peeple cyan lye eehh! Gwaan Richard "Danny Germs" Austin, ah yuh a run tings! : )

Note: Mo, we do need a mix of vets and youths. Marshall is ok until....
                            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

thanks! Rodolph Austin!

Richard Austin was on tv di odda day. Sad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X