Fabregas issues rallying call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabregas issues rallying call

CESC FABREGAS is refusing to throw in the towel on Arsenal's Premier League title challenge.

The Gunners had no answer to Manchester United as the champions swept to a 3-1 win at Emirates Stadium yesterday.
    That defeat ended a 10-match unbeaten run during which Arsenal had hauled themselves back into contention for the title.
    But if Chelsea beat Hull in their re-arranged midweek fixture then Arsenal will again be eight points adrift of the league leaders as they prepare to head to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
    Fabregas, though, maintains all is not yet lost.
    He said: "We have to be positive. It is very easy to say we lost to Manchester United and let our heads go down.
    "We have to be strong, be together more than ever and do our best until the end of the season.
    "With all my respect, I really do not care what people think about us. It is about what we believe up until the end of the season.
    "People are not going to play for us and it is up to us to show what we can do.
    "People watch the football and enjoy it, but we must do our talking on the pitch."
    Despite the rallying cry to his team-mates, the midfielder admits his side now face a tough challenge.
    He added: "If you don't believe, you don't win things. We want to believe we are still there — I am always realistic and I am not going to lie to myself or to anyone.
    "We know it is very difficult. Chelsea were better than us, Manchester United have been better than us so it is something we have to think about to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    "It is going to be difficult definitely, but no-one said it is going to be easy.
    "We just have to be strong and see what happens next week.
    "Chelsea is never a good game to have, even if you are eight points clear or eight points behind. They are a strong side, they have been playing together for a long time.
    "We have to beat them to stay in the title race."

It looks like a third place finish for Arsenal at best and Van Persie could have been the difference maker.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

we do not have the depth. .. need a striker. .I hear people talking about striker and and Bentder in the same post... Any how lets just keep fighting... Man u is still a bug side.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        we do not have the depth. .. need a striker. .I hear people talking about striker and and Bentder in the same post... Any how lets just keep fighting... Man u is still a bug side.
        Just remember, who got crushed yesterday! Just man up and beat Chelsea Sunday.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Just remember, who got crushed yesterday! Just man up and beat Chelsea Sunday.
          Thats not going to happen. Not in their wildest dreams.

Comment

At least the "young" excuse seems to be gone out the window.

Comment

Like they say,it's a funny ole game!!!

Comment

Working...
              X