Fuller inna the dog house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuller inna the dog house?

Despite Stoke City forward looking dead the coach keeping him on the bench.
    This African player who playing upfront don't worth anything they keep on starting him. When Fuller came on it was the only time they looked like playing forward. Fuller look like he decided to play his game for that.

Since James Beattie and the coach fall out it seems like Fuller was at the party or supported Beattie because since then he can't buy a start in Premier League despite bussing up two on Arsenal and Stoke City starting forwards can't buy a goal.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I read an article where the coach said that Fuller is a great talent, but he is uncoachable.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Pulis has already said he is not playing both Tuncay and Fuller at the same time unless he has to. Hence, Sidibe starts. Beattie has been playing even worse than Sidibe this season. That is why Pulis was trying to get Jones and a few others to replace Sidibe. Fuller and Tuncay fighting for one spot. According to the coach, he is going to "rotate his two special players"

Comment

Tuncay is ok but Fuller has been much more effective than him. Even today the first real shot came when Fuller took it.

Bwoy me can't see why him don't play both a them upfront other than him nuh like the flair. The thing is Fuller and Etherington, along with Liam Lawerence in midfield will do some damage.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Carl Brown and Pulis have summ'n in common. dem nuh like flair a whatsitnot.

Comment

English & Lamey were the faces of the Waterhouse franchise. Hard to believe that he left. : o

It's like hearing that Hue moved to Arnett, Steve Green moved to Harbour View, Cornell Chin-Sue moved to Reno, Devon Hodges moved to Waterhouse, Joycie moved to Rivoli, or Teofore Bennett moved to PMU.

But it has been a revealing past 24 months anyhow. Just consider how Fabian Dawkins left Village for August Town; Sean Sawyers left PMU for Humble Lions; Jermaine Taylor left View for Georges; Dada left MeadHeaven for Tivoli; Julian McLeish left Arnett for Tivoli; Robert Scarlett left View for BT; and even Desmond Brackenridge flip-flopped between Waterhouse and Arnett.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
              Carl Brown and Pulis have summ'n in common. dem nuh like flair a whatsitnot.
              Flair has to be used within coach's TEAM concept.

E.g. Robinho is a good player and I think we all will agree he is 'nuf-nuf' flair...but he was poison for Man City. he would cause the TEAM to lose the ball too often.

There is this nonsense we spout on this board very often surrounding the 'creative' being allowed to do his thing (no restrictions). If Mr. Flair or Mr. Goalscorer causes the TEAM to lose the ball too often as the TEAM attempts to break through to the 'upper reaches' those 'losing of the ball' result in TEAM being punished more often.

It is simple really...possession of the ball means the opposing TEAM does not score. Give away the ball...brings increasing instances of being 'punished' the higher the level of play of your opponents.

*Lowe's one-a-day was perfect example. We killed CFU opponents...where competitive at lower CONCACAF levels...and invariably lost to the top CONCACAF TEAMs (Mex & USA).

*Shelton is another who at lowest levels have fans shout - GREAT! ...as the competition moves to higher and higher levels the fact thta he is poison becomes clear to those who could not recognise same when our opponents where the...let's face facts...our 'bottom of the barrel', CFU competitors! Hey 6th formers clueless about the game will always whip 2nd formers.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Just teams and players doing what they consider in 'best interest'! No big deal!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

re lowe....wasn't that the case BEFORE lowe and in fact has been the same SINCE lowe?

i think we have beaten mexico more often with lowe than we have without .... was romario anti team?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    re lowe....wasn't that the case BEFORE lowe and in fact has been the same SINCE lowe?

i think we have beaten mexico more often with lowe than we have without .... was romario anti team?
                    Lowe...and laterly Shelton are merely 'most easily' seen by those who miss the signs when we are playing at lower levels.

Look at Fuller?
                    I have been saying from wappy was bwoy...that in terms of close skills, strength and pace he is a world beater...but he too often plays anti-TEAM.

Fuller gave us a glimpse at his potential...God the man is round about 30 and has been playing in Scotland or England for approximately 10 years...anyway - he gave us a glimpse of his potential with a fanstatic cameo in his last but one match. He came on controlled his use of the 'bruk', moved and passed like a dream and put before us a performance...albeit a cameo...that was definately TOP OF THE WORLD and thus made his TEAM 'mileeeeeeeeeees' better. Why can he not do that on a consistent basis? Why those many silly 'brukin' and thus losing of the ball and putting his TEAM (Stoke) 'down' in overall performance? Why make things so difficult for his TEAMmates?

There is a reason we have not got a better record as the levels competition we meet get higher and higher. That reason is directly related to our players not sharing the ball...not playing TEAM. The potential is there in all our players, to as a TEAM, play...to currently play at a level of at least 50 places higher up the FIFA ranking charts...if only we played TEAM.

We need to weed out the so-called flair players who on a constant basis lose the ball (= give the ball to our opponents)! Makes no sense keeping players who by actions 'ruin everything'.

Comment

thanks for that...my question though is "was romario anti team?"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        thanks for that...my question though is "was romario anti team?"
                        On which team have you seen him play?

I have only memories of him playing for Brazil and most often he played TEAM. His teammates often made his task simple. They often had him on the end of a buildup where his task was often 'shoot'...just 'shoot'...or one trick and shoot! My recollection was he played, most often, the 'simple game'!

Comment

Karl, can a team be built around a creative/brukky-boo/selfish player?
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

he played for barcelona, psv eindhoven, flamengo and i believe in later years an US A League team. a more selfish player you are not likely to see.

you figget di rift with bebeto, with his coaches (who can forget the toilet paper incident) ...... point is he had a wicked conversion rate...he could walk around for 89 minutes doing NOTHING but complain but if he got one chance he could bury it to win a game.

i cannot think of anything more anti-team than being lazy...(or even lazie, but i digress). i am flabbergasted to now see your categorisation of his style as being.."the simple game" and how "his teammates made things easy for him"...

do me a favour, going forward, please spare us your TEAM analyses becase it appears to be patented and copyrighted BS!

Comment

For me, NO!

My aim is TOP OF THE WORLD!
                              ...if it is D.Cup winning the titles. ...if it is NPL winning the league & KO cup! ...if it is JA going to the World Cup and winning!

...makes no damn sense to me based on the numbers of players and the intelligence of same to go for less than winning! ...in other words at each and every level it must be making 'best TEAM'.

Is Messi a brukky-boo?
                              No!

He plays good defense!
                              Most often plays the move and passing game!

...is he a good bruker?
                              Absolutely!

He uses that 'bruk-in' ability in a manner that best serves TEAM. He is strong...I suppose his low center of gravity helps there....

He is explosive! ...can and does change pace at the drop of a hat!

He suckers the opponent by judicious mix of dribbling and passing i.e. the opponent is always uncertain if he is going to 'bruk or pass'.

Excellent TEAM man!

----------

Is Fuller a bruky-boo?
                              Absolutely!

...defenders/opponents can with a fair degree of certainty gamble on his holding the ball...he is going to 'bruk' 99.99999+% of the time he gets the ball! ...or so it appears!

...most often not a very good TEAM man!

Comment

Working...
                              X