RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Donovan Ricketts Jamaica # 1 Goalie ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Donovan Ricketts Jamaica # 1 Goalie ?

Is Donovan Ricketts still JA's number 1 Keeper ?
    Just seeing young Dwayne Miller performed vs Argentina and he made
    lots of errors in Goal example , leaving is line , Crosses , Mist punches ,
    and movement in is 18 Yard area . All of the above Ricketts have mastered .
    Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
    United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
    happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
    Probably forthcoming...

Base on Ricketts performance last year he is definitely our number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      Base on Ricketts performance last year he is definitely our number 1.
      Everybody knows Goal Keepers age longer , In 1990 World Cup england used
      Peter Shilton at age 41 , and again David James @ 40 will keep for them in
      2010 World Cup Finals it just prove that keepers have mastered their job
      in late 30's and the best age for a Goal Keeper is in their Mid 30s i.e 34,35
      and 36 . USA's Kasey Keller and Canada's Pat oinstad all perform for their
      countries in the late 30s . On this site people like Tilla ! always criticise
      Donovan Ricketts .

On Donovan Ricketts :
      In 2014 D Ricketts will be 37 , he has Experience & Exposure in english
      D2 ,english FA cup , and his honors came in 2009 MLS Season when
      LA Galaxy won the Western Conference Title . He will have Concacaf
      Champions league to his Resume in 2010 , making it the 4th league
      he played in . Donovan will be 35 in 2012 (37 in 2014 ) , as Mr Russell
      Bell will say we are not making use of our Experience am asking the
      football Fraternity to make use of Mr Ricketts in the next world cup
      Qualifiers . As for now , I believe in giving the youths experience on
      the National Team . Mr Ricketts have played Throughout England and
      North America .

He is Good in his area , read the Game very well , above average
      on crosses and his long kick and long throws are outstanding .
      He is a good shot Blocker and have Matered just about everything
      in Goal Keeping .

JAMAICA NEED MR RICKETTS .

United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
      Probably forthcoming...

Comment

On this site people like Tilla ! always criticise Donovan Ricketts.
        I have criticized when he was playing crap. I have also given him credit since he has been playing for LA Galaxy and seem to have improved leaps and bounds. I have no problem with Ricketts being the #1, especially on his current form. If he is the best we have, he is the best we have.

I think too that people like Miller and Kerr need to continue getting exposure at this level. None of the good young goal keepers will hone their skills at this level if we do not give them the exposure. Sometimes it is in games like these which are meaningless that we need to expose them.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Right now the best you have

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          I have criticized when he was playing crap? I have also given him credit since he has been playing for LA Galaxy and seem to have improved leaps and bounds. I have no problem with Ricketts being the #1, especially on his current form. If he is the best we have, he is the best we have.

I think too that people like Miller and Kerr needs to continue getting exposure at this level. None of the good young goal keepers will hone their skills at this level if we do not give them the exposure. Sometimes it is in games like these which are meaningless that we need to expose them.
          Right now he is the best you've got. He has a great contract and no other Jamaican GK has one. I know Bruce Arena of the Galaxy and he would bring some that is crap inot his organization. He is getting good training and we still can learn at any age. Looks like this is what's happen to Mr. Ricketts.

Paul Banta

Comment

Originally posted by Pbanta View Post
            He has a great contract and no other Jamaican GK has one.
            He's making 100,000 USD per year with LAG .
            Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Ricketts' goalkeeping has certainly improved since he has gone to LA Galaxy. I am sure he is getting god training that he was not in Jamaica and whenhe played D2 football in England.

I am sure Bruce A saw the potential and thought he could clean up Ricketts' rough edges.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mr. Banta Ricketts was good for a while. If you notice Big Sam at Bolton don't buy very foolishly and he also say Ricketts potential. From Week one in LA Ricketts was a star performer. He may have improved but if you read the reports from his days at Bradford you will see that he was doing a great job.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X