Bora gives tips to local coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora gives tips to local coaches

New national technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic met with National Premier League coaches yesterday and gave them some quick coaching tips at the Jamaica Football Federation's office in New Kingston.

However, there is no word who will be his assistant coach as Star Sports understands that was not discussed.

Bora, who was officially named technical director on Thursday, will use a local coach as his assistant for the first two years of his four-year contract.

'drawing board'

During their meeting, which was described as a "relaxed, getting to know" session, Bora used videos and a football 'drawing board' to bring across his points.

Portmore United coach Paul Young said one of the most interesting points was his philosophy of not playing 11 versus 11 in training.

"He focuses on smaller groups of players because the space you are actually using in a game at any one time is so small," said Young.

"He really wanted to get an idea where we are and see if our ideas are the same and get some feedback," he added.

Harbour View coach Lenworth Hyde said Bora also focused a lot on the organisation of the team and its importance to success.

Former national coach Geoffrey Maxwell said he welcomed the session with the new technical director.

"I think it was a good first move by the coach. We're not alienated," said Maxwell.

"Sometimes the national coaches separate themselves from local coaches but Bora was very warm and friendly and has a good sense of humour."

Hyde also said the coaches had an open invitation to training sessions.

"He said we can come and watch the training and he gave each of us his cell number," Hyde said.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Bora gives tips to local coaches

Am I the only one that can see this going south real quick? Open invite to local coaches showing up to training? Give out his cell# to local coaches? This is a disaster just waiting to happen.- T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Good move by Bora & the JFF. Hopefully this is the first of many coaching sessions with the local coaches.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortikal (12/16/2006)Good move by Bora & the JFF. Hopefully this is the first of many coaching sessions with the local coaches.
        On the surface it sounds real nice and touchy feeley and gives us warm fuzzies all over but when you really look at it you can see where Bora is setting himself up for alot of grief.

You give the club coaches an open invitation to attend training and now you are going to have every tom, dick and harry out there watching with their own filters on. Then they leave training and go back to their pet balla or ballas and will chat pure nonsense about how Bora a fight man and favordis balla and dat ballaova dem and dat dem should be the #1 balla based on what they saw in training. Those same ballas now come back to camp with screw face and bad attitude that will infect the entire camp. That is headache #1 for Bora.

Headache #2is that this local coach and that local coach will start talking rubbish in the press about what they saw in training and how Bora nuh good. When the Reggae Boyz hit a bump in the road these same coaches will be the most vocal. The press will then report this crap disrupting camp even further.

Headache #3 is that the local coaches now with Bora's phone number will start to make up crap about what Bora supposedly said or did not say to them in private in reference to this player or that player or the reggae boyz in general. As we all know Jamaicans love to pretend that they are on the inside and have it in good with people in positions of power. They will start name dropping to impress anyone who will listen including the press. This ****es off a further group of players and now brings into question Bora's integrity and character.

It is a slippery slope. I hope Bora is just waxing eloquent and will keep a professional distance from the local coaches. - T.K.

Comment

I see this as a good opportunity for local coaches, and I have an open right now.

Overstand what yuh saying, as it is known that many of those individuals are coaches in name only. The first instance of almshouse bizness, that coach should be cut off.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

wouldn't that be like using gasoline to put out a fire?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

this is nothing new its just that it is formally coming from the TD - under Simoes , olivera, Lazaroni ,carl brown , downswell the public had open invitation to attend training - so whats new here?

Comment

Balla (12/17/2006)this is nothing new its just that it is formally coming from the TD - under Simoes , olivera, Lazaroni ,carl brown , downswell the public had open invitation to attend training - so whats new here?
                Did Idebate whetherthere was anything new here? I said I disagreed with him on it.No need to read anymore intoit thanthat my friend.- T.K.

Comment

i know you got my quart

Comment

Balla (12/17/2006)i know you got my quart
                    Well I figured you were trying to peg my concerns as simply an anti-boxhill thing rather than an honest debate on the merits of being so accesible.- T.K.

Comment

Working...
                    X