Boxhill ready for challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxhill ready for challenge

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Boxhill ready for challenge</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>... will seek re-election for JFF's top post</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY ERICA VIRTUE Observer writer
    Sunday, December 24, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>President of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) Crenston Boxhill says he will be seeking re-election for the top job at the helm of Jamaica's football programme with Africa 2010 at the forefront of his mind.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=135 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>BOXHILL... I am not a quitter, I am a fighter </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>"I'm in the race. I will be defending my tenure. The election is a year away, but I don't see anything at this point which should disqualify me from seeking re-election," Boxhill told the Sunday Observer.
    The elections - although a year away - could have as many as four contenders vying for the top job, with former boss, Captain Horace Burrell, being one of them.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Captain Burrell recently declared his intention to seek re-election for the job he lost three years ago to Boxhill.
    A confident Boxhill said it did not matter how many persons were in the race.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"This is an election, it is not a war. You are going to campaign hard and you are going to defend your tenure, against your objectives and achievements over your term in office," the football boss said.
    Boxhill has had a rocky reign so far, surviving at least two no-confidence motions. The last one was in January this year and was moved by supporters of Captain Burrell.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Captain Burrell, whom Boxhill defeated at the polls for the job 54-49 in November 2003, is senior vice-president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), an executive member of CONCACAF and one who has a lot of contacts in the high realms of world football.
    Boxhill successfully beat the motion with 51 of the 104 voting delegates backing the motion.
    A two-thirds majority was needed to successfully uphold a no-confidence motion according to the JFF's constitution, while a simple majority is required for a winner.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Dogged also by fractiousness within some of the confederations, including another no-confidence motion from the South Central Confederation in August, Boxhill has had an uphill task unifying the JFF, a task made particularly difficult after Jamaica crashed out of World Cup qualification for Germany.
    Although he is disappointed that the team did not make it to Germany, his biggest failure he admitted was when the senior team crashed out of the Digicel Caribbean Cup in the first round.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"When they crashed out I felt like I was going to be sick. It's football, but you know, the team was given everything to aid in its quest, but when the final whistle went and you realise they were out, it is not a nice feeling," Boxhill said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The JFF president, despite all the obstacles in the way, is no quitter.
    "I am not a quitter. I am a fighter. I don't give up when the going gets tough, I stay and fight a good fight. That was how I was brought up. You win some, you lose some, but you stay and fight, that's the stuff that builds character.," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I don't care how many persons are in the race, this is not a contest about individuals, it is about the passion of a people and how I can bring that passion to life with the country's support," he added.
    With much of the tension now out of his face, his smile broadened when the new technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic interrupted the
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Boxhill ready for challenge

Last time Burrell stood and ranon his accomplishments!

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/docs/BurrellDocs.htm

Never helped!

Hey Sickko? As Princess wouldsay - di del-le-get dem jus cut an guh tru!

Buuuurrrreeeell!

Buuuurrrreeeell!

Buuuurrrreeeell!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Last time Boxhill ran on his promises - manifesto!

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/docs/new_game_plan.htm

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"I'm in the race. I will be defending my tenure. The election is a year away, but I don't see anything at this point which should disqualify me from seeking re-election," - Clueless Crenston

Other quotes

“Money is very important. It is almost impossible to live without it and not everything in life can be bought and today's result was testimony to that.”(Clap)

“I could go as far as say (Burrell) is using his influence not to assist the federation so far.”(Clap)

“I certainly will not belittle this. Some may see it as a mere symbolic upgrade, with little to do with sport.”(Clap)

“We sent the relevant documents as they relate to bank information and all that of the vendor to the FIFA. And as you know, FIFA doesn't pay the federation this money and then expect the federation to pay whoever, so we have sent off the relevant information to FIFA for the vendor to get paid.”(Clap)

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X