Van Persie: We play the best football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Persie: We play the best football

The 23-year-old Holland star will be looking to add to his brace against Blackburn when the Gunners travel to bottom club Watford for tonight's early evening kick-off in the Premiership. Arsene Wenger's hailed some of the 'amazing' play his side conjured up during their 6-2 thrashing of Rovers, when they scored three well-crafted late goals at the Emirates Stadium.

Van Persie would not have it any other way. 'There is no better side, football-wise, than Arsenal in England,' said the Dutchman. 'It is frustrating, but I see it in a positive way. We are proving every week that we are the best. 'I watch a lot of football and sometimes I see games on TV and I think `I could never play in that team'. 'When I see those games, I am just happy I am in a team which plays fantastic football. 'We have top, top players like [Tomas] Rosicky, [Alexander] Hleb and [Cesc] Fabregas.

They see almost everything which is around them and that is very, very special.' All the Premiership's top four won at the weekend and Van Persie knows Arsenal must continue to pick up maximum points over their hectic festive schedule to stand any chance of getting back into the title race. He said: 'It is going to be hard because Manchester United and Chelsea are playing so well. They are two fantastic sides. 'If you just look at our games against the top sides, we won everything except Chelsea. 'So we actually had a hard time against the lower sides.

'However, if you want to be champions, you do have to win those games.' Wenger believes his current crop of players can go on to become the best for a decade at Arsenal and full-back Gael Clichy maintains confidence is high in the Gunners camp. 'Everyone is starting to believe in themselves and the team,' he said. 'We have seen that in the last five games and we have got the quality. 'Nothing is impossible in football. It will be difficult for the title, but we are looking forward to it and want to get as many points as we can in the last 20 games.

' Watford are battling for their top-flight status, and are unlikely to extend much festive hospitality to the Gunners at Vicarage Road tonight. Clichy, however, believes Arsenal can cope with whatever Boxing Day dish is served up. He said: 'Watford are a very physical team, but we have shown we cope with it now - and, if we get to play the way we have been playing
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Van Persie: We play the best football

dont you agree?
    Blessed Love

Comment

Emperor !! Tilla acknowledgement of Arsenal footballing beauty is like asking someone who things a lada is the best car in the world what they think of finely tune Ferrari. They have no context of which to Judge.. You cant a chelski man bout good football..

Comment

'There is no better side, football-wise, than Arsenal in England,' said the Dutchman. 'It is frustrating, but I see it in a positive way. We are proving every week that we are the best. 'I watch a lot of football and sometimes I see games on TV and I think `I could never play in that team'. 'When I see those games, I am just happy I am in a team which plays fantastic football.
        I first and foremost want to see a team win, not just play pretty ball. The objective of the game is to win first, then entertain second. My statement to link Van P with Jamaicans is that we love to entertain first and win second. When we lose we will say, "wi ball dem, but dem beat wi".
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mek we see who will have de last laugh when de season is done & dusted.(tup)

Comment

I have a old buju dub for you... it go dem caant play like a wi.. btw we play pretty football and run the table went on defeated... you mr. Tilla have a short memory.

Comment

as mr wenger said recently- we have a duty to entertain the fans. the fans pay good money to see good football and we wont deprive them at that.

besides arsenal is a winning team- as oj said we won the title a couple years ago without losing a single game and we still played beuatiful fotball then.

what you guys need to understand is that beautiful football and successful football are not mutually exclusive. arsenal are beautiful win lose or draw. they are the best at beautiful football- and soon and very soon we will be the best at winning again (while still being the best at beautiful football mind you).
              Blessed Love

Comment

Working...
              X