Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drogba: Don't play me in defense

Drogba's defensive reluctance

Didier Drogba has admitted that the opportunity to play in the heart of Chelsea's defence is not one that appeals to him.

With the departures of William Gallas and Robert Huth last summer, Mourinho has found himself short in central defence this season, and has admitted to considering switching his explosive striker, Drogba, to the centre of the defence.

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

RE: Drogba: Don't play me in defense

That would make no sense as Drogba is the only man in scoring form on the squad. He'd be better off taking Geremi and moving him inside and playing Essien at right back. Reasonable formation:

---------------- Hilario
    Essien --- Geremi -- Carvalho --- Cole
    ---------------Makelele
    -------Lampard--------- Ballack
    ----------------Robben
    ----------$heva-------Drogba

He could also play Essien in the middle, but that would take away his attacking threat. Bottomline - Drogba has to stay up front.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I wonder what Tilla and Mr Marin have to say about this. Now what would possess Jose to even think about disrespecting Cheslea's fan by putting the world's greatest forward in defense alongside the world's greatest two way modern midfielder.

I mean why? Over to you Tilla and Mr Marin.

respect

Comment

Shatta, tek it from me, it is not going to happen. Jose is smarteer than that. He knows the best defense if a potent offense, so he would be shooting his club in the foot to go and put his best ffensive weapon in defense.

Coaches will keep opponents guessing. It is nothing to take as gospel.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Yow..."Mr. Cleve" You didn't see my post earlier? I said there is no way that is going to happen. See a repost here:

================================================== =======================================

That would make no sense as Drogba is the only man in scoring form on the squad. He'd be better off taking Geremi and moving him inside and playing Essien at right back. Reasonable formation:

---------------- Hilario
          Essien --- Geremi -- Carvalho --- Cole
          ---------------Makelele
          -------Lampard--------- Ballack
          ----------------Robben
          ----------$heva-------Drogba

He could also play Essien in the middle, but that would take away his attacking threat. Bottomline - Drogba has to stay up front.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Hasn't Murhino played Drogba in defense before?

Just asking

Comment

I do not know of a time when he has. Can you point to any specific game in question?
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

If Jose do it & it work then it's a masterstroke. All de chat what Drogba ah come out with, if asked he will do it. He is de ultimate team-man.

Comment

there is absolutely no sense in playing Drogba in defense as he is Chelsea only scoring machine. Currently he goes all the way back in defense on corner kicks and spot kicks to help out.

Jose may tell him to drop deeper and help out when he can but he wouldn't be mad enough to put Drogba in defense when without him is offense is misfiring.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

must be a portuguese speaking affliction because is the SAMEthing simoes did with nandi!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Onandi Drogba to rahtid!
                      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

see it deh, Nandi was ahead of his time and we no rate the man

I checked on one of those link to some Chelsea articles and it said that Drogba having played in defense before but like Assassin say dem probably a talk bout when him drop back in to help out on defense.

respect

Comment

Working...
                        X