• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pele don't like Dunga and Maradona strategies

Ha, no more beautiful game!

Brazil Legend Pele Criticises Dunga and Diego Maradona

Goal.com 17 minutes ago

Brazil legend Pele has once again come out with strong criticism for Argentina coach Diego Maradona, questioning how his Albiceleste side has been playing in this World Cup.

The outspoken former World Cup hero also had harsh words for his own team, and in particular Canarinha boss Dunga.

Pele and Maradona have had several verbal sparring matches throughout this tournament, with insults ranging from professional to the very personal.

And the Brazilian was at it against as he spoke to German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel.

"What kind of football is that which tries to control the game with a forward?" he posed rhetorically, referring to the pivotal role Lionel Messi has in the Albiceleste side.

"I don't have a problem with Maradona, I just do not think he is a good coach. He has an outlandish lifestyle and rarely is that a positive thing for the team."

The Brazilian went on to criticise countryman Dunga, saying that he believed the current Selecao style of play was unacceptable.

"I myself was a forward and I always wanted to score goals. That was the most important thing, because it encouraged the fans. The current team on the other hand plays on the counter attack, it does not control the ball well.

"The will and the domination to control the opponent and have the ball are no longer there."
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Originally posted by Time View Post
    Ha, no more beautiful game!

Brazil Legend Pele Criticises Dunga and Diego Maradona

Goal.com 17 minutes ago

Brazil legend Pele has once again come out with strong criticism for Argentina coach Diego Maradona, questioning how his Albiceleste side has been playing in this World Cup.

The outspoken former World Cup hero also had harsh words for his own team, and in particular Canarinha boss Dunga.

Pele and Maradona have had several verbal sparring matches throughout this tournament, with insults ranging from professional to the very personal.

And the Brazilian was at it against as he spoke to German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel.

"What kind of football is that which tries to control the game with a forward?" he posed rhetorically, referring to the pivotal role Lionel Messi has in the Albiceleste side.

"I don't have a problem with Maradona, I just do not think he is a good coach. He has an outlandish lifestyle and rarely is that a positive thing for the team."

The Brazilian went on to criticise countryman Dunga, saying that he believed the current Selecao style of play was unacceptable.

"I myself was a forward and I always wanted to score goals. That was the most important thing, because it encouraged the fans. The current team on the other hand plays on the counter attack, it does not control the ball well.

"The will and the domination to control the opponent and have the ball are no longer there."
    This TEAM may just give us some 'ole time Brazilian ball'. So far the defense has been outstanding...and some of the goals on the counter beautiful. ...but as I said in a previous post if Kaka and Robinho in particular along with Luis Fabiano to a lesser extent come good we may be in for an attacking treat. So "The King" should just hold the negative comments a little longer.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

karl that brasilian team cannot go forward unlessit's on a counter. Who will creatively spray those balls that Binho, Fab and kaka will run at you? The team was gutted to stay back and strike on the counter. This was exhibited against Chile. In the Portugal game who was making the most creative plays? Lucio! This must have given Pele an headache To players such as socrates et al that's ugly football. It pains them to see binho working defensively (but that's the way the team is structured).

Pele should go easy on Diego still. Pele the world (that's the older one) loves you. I know certain things hurt you but leave it to time, a change will come.

Comment

Lucio has been allowed to do that run from a longer time Jawge. This is not new.

The current Brazilian team is 'mechanical'. Very strong on counter as you rightly mentioned.

A corner for the opposing team --is seen as a counter opportunity for Brazil!
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Lucio has been allowed to do that run from a longer time Jawge. This is not new.

The current Brazilian team is 'mechanical'. Very strong on counter as you rightly mentioned.

A corner for the opposing team --is seen as a counter opportunity for Brazil!
          As will the USA in the confed Cup. Pele nuh to guh hold a seat and stop talking for a change.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

he is entitled to speak .... he is right.. this is not a beautiful playing team.. much more predictable and discipline.. spain is playing the most attractive soccer right now.. again its substance over style and its not surprising with dunga..

Comment

Right, di ball suh ugly, till it name sugly. Ah Dunga style dat, sugly

Comment

The Paraguay/Japan game-- (among many others) was not attractive.

It was a game for the football purist only. But you are so right..."substance over style".
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Oh.. there is hope for you ..

Robinho and Kaka cyaan start on big side midfield..

Spain mi seh !!

They play the Beautiful Game....

OLE !

Comment

funny thing is from what i see, pele is right... spain look more like the brasil of the past with the brilliant passing game... this is a counter attacking brasil team... they might be effective but not attractive...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

whether pele talking crap or not...him earn the right to spew crap!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Looks like Pele was correct. The will and the domination to control the opponent and have the ball are no longer there - Pele
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

what were they saying about pele's crap... so far pele has been proven right...
                          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                          X