Arsenal/ Sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal/ Sheffield

Arsenal lose again to a weak team. Sheffield 1 - Arsenal 0.

Big Claude had another good game.(tup)(Clap)
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Arsenal/ Sheffield

Tilla (12/30/2006)Arsenal lose again to a weak team. Sheffield 1 - Arsenal 0.

Big Claude had another good game.(tup)(Clap)
    I saw my GUNNERS without conviction! ...lacking mental toughness! ...unable to find the mental strength to be calm and deliberate as they go about the business of attempting the creating and scoring of goals!

Sure there are 'key' players missing, but the technical ability of those put on the field should been able to play football. I saw GUNNERS' players who appeared to be just being introduced to the game.

That performance did not deserve even a draw. The result, even against this Sheffield United in this match...which showed no quality...was flattering to my GUNNERS. A 0-2 score would havve been fair!

Aside:As we look towards 2007-2008 season performances such as this bring up the question of identifying weakest mentally and shipping them out...as belief needs to be built as an assault...recovery (?)...on the EPL...snaring trophies is the aim.

I fear for our chances in the Champions League...there is a lack of belief...there is obvious mental weakness?! (Pray)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Claude did well! (Clap)

...btw - I have my doubts about Claude's suitability for a TOP OF THE WORLD TEAM REGGAE BOYZ (?)

-------

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh>Sheff Utd 1-0 Arsenal </DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Nade put the Blades in front just before half-time</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Christian Nade got the winning goal as Sheffield United ended 2006 with a shock victory over a poor Arsenal side.

Nade got the better of Kolo Toure before sidefooting past an onrushing Jens Lehmann just before half-time.

United had to survive over half an hour with midfielder Phil Jagielka in goal after Paddy Kenny went off injured.

But Arsenal failed to seriously test the emergency stopper until late on when he pulled off a spectacular save to deny Robin van Persie.

<DIV class=avinline>Interview: Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock </DIV><DIV class=avinline>Interview: Sheffield United's Phil Jagielka </DIV>

Free-signing Nade was all set to be the Blades unlikely hero with his first Premiership goal until Jagielka's spell between the sticks.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sib606><DIV class=sihf>606: DEBATE </DIV><DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV id=q1></DIV>Arsenal were dreadful and deserved to lose <DIV id=q2></DIV><BR clear=all></DIV></DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV class=mva>GR</DIV></DIV><DIV class=ibqlinks><DIV class=arr>606: Have your say </DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Until then it was a poor way to bring down the curtain on the footballing year, but perhaps not surprising considering both clubs had suffered through illness and injuries in the build-up to the game and were forced to ring the changes.

In spite of this Arsenal started the game as they finished the win at Watford and repeatedly opened up United in the opening 10 minutes.

Tomas Rosicky saw a shot saved by a flying Kenny and then Julio Baptista was given the freedom of the Blades' box.

But the Brazilian was let down by a poor first touch that gave Nick Montgomery time to get back and throw himself into a goal-saving tackle that left Baptista frustrated and in some pain.

Gilberto Silva should have extended his recent scoring streak to four in as many games when he lost his marker at the back post, but headed into the ground and over the bar.

But Arsenal's dominance was not to last as they struggled to get their passing game going on a difficult pitch hosting its second game in five days.

Alan Quinn should have done better than fire straight at Lehmann when he was left free in the box and at the other end Jeremie Aliadiere brought another routine save out of Kenny.

<!-- S IIMA
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Again, I would want my defenders to be more complete. There is a time for such big kick, outta mi life plays, but...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Iyah the man dem b!tch too much fi my liking.

Its like no matter what Claude does unnu see the glass as half empty why we stay so?

Is that something dem program in us during slavery and afterwards.

Let us focus on Claudes ability to deal with crosses and set pieces(something that we have been sorely lacking) let us focus on his competitiveness.

Lets focus on his steep learning curve mental toughness coming back from injury and being behind in preparation while stepping up in class and yet making the All Premieship weekly team in just his 4th to 5th start.

Let us look at the positives and after looking at all of them then we can see that if him can do all that then surely he must be able to learn how to take the ball out of defense without booting it out.

Thats why we will never rate a Stew Peas as we see them for what they are while the foreigners(aka the white man) see them for what they can become.

So tell me whose mind too small to see the bigger picture and if a person mind that small how can they then grow?

Thats why certain "guy" can't get over dem "belly" fi Claude. Man fi carry a open mind and the rest will follow.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.

Guy a talk bout mysteries of the cave, a the Egyptian mysteries system dem thief from us much like how pythagorous go sit at our feet and learn and then a come tell we say a him come up with the theorem.

Man dem fi learn the art of thinking and of holding a medi and only then will we advance.

Its all about the mind because as the Egyptians would say; "Man know thyself" we still no know who we are and so we keep doing the same thing over and over as we refuse to stop and evaluate what it is that we are doing.

How are we going to get different results doing the same thing?

Sports tourism a the thing this year we nah beg no guy and ask we ago do it.

Tired of the same thing

respect

Comment

Hatahhhhhh!!!!!!
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Chill, will yah!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that damn thierry henry!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

When did Claude ever make any 'all premiership' side? Dont be stupid..oh well too late for that...you done fool already.

What Santa Claude made was one pundit's team, Garth Crooks', are you saying that if they had to pick a team from the 20 teams in ther EPL, Claude would be one of the top picks...what was in your egg nog last weekend? Weed?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Brethrin in order to grow one have to master the mental over the emotional and most of the time it takes a woman to teach us how to first master our emotional side and right now your emotional side a get the better of you.

So what did you get from the above? wah you think the logical thing that you need fi do?

Go find a woman and make she grow you as you need fi grow up boss.

Nah take no disrespect from no guy this year no time no day and if guy flip den we ago cyber slap the hell outa dem.

Guy fi know demself a wah do guy? who is guy? Don't pass your place again and if you do see if it ago pretty and if dem nah go have fi lock off this thread.

just try me and see if it ago pretty. Take it as a warning and mi nah give out no more

done talk!!

man a veteran round here and guy fi due the requisite respect, guy fi know them a just come a wah do dem?

respect

Comment

Sheffield deserved to get something from that game...winning will give their survival hopes serious life due to the bump in confidence. The most impressive part of their game was that they didn't give up and managed a win with outfielder Jagielka playing in goal for 30 minutes. I believe this is the first time I have ever seen a top-flightteam show up with no substitute keeper on the bench. Proud of them and glad for Claude...good fight(Chal) (Clap)
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

sickko,is Claudeplaying better than you expected?

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                        X