• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell set to return as JFF boss, again

Burrell set to return as JFF boss, again
    CMC
    Sunday, August 08, 2010

KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) — Captain Horace Burrell will return for another term as Jamaica football boss after being nominated unopposed this week ahead of next October's voting congress.

He will have with him his entire executive team which were also returned unopposed to serve another three-year term in office.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-again_7862864
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

It would be refreshing to see some new people, but if those new people are the likes of Boxhill, then we might as well just gwaan with burrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      It would be refreshing to see some new people, but if those new people are the likes of Boxhill, then we might as well just gwaan with burrell.
      u could not have said it any better

Guh chuu captain !
      Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
      United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
      happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
      Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Coronation Song For The Captain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAZZP6Ws-qE

Captain Horace Burrell - Still The King
        (Of Nothing)

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post

Boxhill was terrible but Burrell isnt that far behind. His re-hiring of Simoes was one of his lowpoints although many of the posters here supported Simoes' hiring back then. I was not one of them. But the federation definitely needs someone at that helm who has a plan and a long term goal for the betterment of football at all levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
            Boxhill was terrible but Burrell isnt that far behind. His re-hiring of Simoes was one of his lowpoints although many of the posters here supported Simoes' hiring back then. I was not one of them. But the federation definitely needs someone at that helm who has a plan and a long term goal for the betterment of football at all levels.
            You keep making the same mistake of the JFF.
            Development programs are created and shaped by locals in every country in the world.

It is all about motivating the people and providing the training for the 'teachers' of the sport (teachers colleges, in the classrooms and on the fields at the lower levels, for the coaches at all levels, the support technical services - medical doctors, etc. and providing equipment and facilities).

No foreigner can drive that education and development...because that foreigner cannot reach the individuals at the various levels that need to be motivated to 'make it happen'.

How can a foreigner, for example, even at the playing level get all our PLCA teams to be playing during the off season against quality opponents as happens in the USA every Summer?

How can a foreigner get all an all school team to tour Europe during the off season?

How can a foreigner get top world coaches to put on training displays for our PLCA coaches?

...and on and on and on... the vast number of things we must do to improve the football?

It is all the job of the locals.

Just look at the JAAA?
            All it does besides managing selecting and managing teams is provide resources for development of our coaches. ...and then there comes Glen Mills, Franno and the host of world class junior (high school) coaches. ...and if the JAAA keeps it up Mills, Franno and the current crop of young coaches will increase ten-fold.

The same breeding grounds our TeF athletes have the JFF has. ...and more! It could be argued that the JFF as fact has the better breading ground. more teaching and competitive meets (games) than our track and field in any one year. It is the lack of action aimed at development and thus our teachers and coaches ignorance that keeps us back.

It is a crying shame that we have youngsters with balance, rythymn, speed and touch in abundance but we cannot produce in any year since 1998 20 player of Biobi's class or better. The fault - the teaching and the teaching environment! No foreigner can change that...local must do that work!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

His re-hiring of Simoes was one of his lowpoints although many of the posters here supported Simoes' hiring back then. I was not one of them.
              Add me in the group of naysayers there Warlord. I was not sorry when Simoes left back in 2001 but was dissapointed to see then terminate Bora to reappoint Simoes. That was a bad move by the good Captain when he took office after Boxhill was ousted.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
              X