X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger - Six or seven will contest the title

Wenger - Six or seven will contest the title

By Chris Harris

Arsène Wenger expects "six or seven" teams to challenge for what could be the most open title race in Premier League history.

Last season saw Chelsea and Manchester United battle for the crown until the final day of the campaign while Arsenal's own title push petered out a few weeks earlier. There was a minor changing of the guard further down the table with Liverpool dropping out of the top four and Tottenham pipping Manchester City to the final Champions League spot.

When you factor in City's summer spending - expected to exceed the £100 million mark - you can understand why Wenger feels it's no longer enough to look at the traditional 'Big Four' for title contenders.

"You expect Manchester City, who invest a huge amount of money, to be one of the contenders as well," said the Frenchman.

"Tottenham [can challenge] if they can confirm what they produced last year, Aston Villa as well. You could have six or seven teams because Everton for me has a strong squad too.

"What changed in England last year is that everybody could drop points, it was the first season that really happened. So it will be more open this year."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The two rejected youngsters scored
    BRA - Neymar, 28’
    BRA - Pato, 45+’

Them say Neymar gave an highlight reel.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He played a good game and looked how he did when Santos played Red bulls. He showed why of those left out, he was the main person that Brazilians wanted to be in the World Cup squad.

Comment

Working...
      X