Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fergie, the wily old Fox

Mr. President??!!!

Manchester United swoop to sign Bebe as Sir Alex Ferguson pulls off transfer coup

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 11:49 AM on 12th August 2010
    New boy: United's Bebe

Manchester United have pulled off another surprise transfer coup by signing Portuguese striker Bebe - heading off interest from rivals Real Madrid.
    The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the best young talents in Portuguese football and United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has quickly made his move after being tipped off by former coach Carlos Queiroz.
    The fee is believed to be in the region of £7m.
    Bebe only signed professional terms with Vitoria Guimaraes five weeks ago but has caught the eye with a glut of goals. He is 6ft 3ins tall, good in the air, quick and has a strong right foot.

Meteoric rise: Bebe takes part in a training game for Vitoria

Ferguson is believed to have met the player for the first time on Tuesday, when he flew to Portugal to be a witness for Queiroz in a disciplinary case with the Portuguese football federation.
    Ferguson, who has also been linked again with a renewed move for Werder Bremen's Mesut Ozil, hopes Bebe can have an even greater impact than young Mexican Javier Hernandez.
    Getting his man: Sir Alex Ferguson has swooped to sign Bebe

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0wP8LE3Bf
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Couldn't find anything on him, but seeing that Real was interested in him, lets see. Fergie need to start signing midfielders.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yup. I think we need ed a name brand, world class midfielder to complete our team. But Scholesy has been in top form in the pre-season. I will be watching him keenly to see how he performs against better teams and when we have games on the line. Fergie needs to do a better job this season incorporating the younger players. We need to get Owen and Hargreaves off our books.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

bwoy the way you love talk bout name brand you might join HL over City.

You nuh hear fergie say a value fi money. Everytime certain team even look at a player the checkbook from City, Real, and Chelsea come out so the man a bob and weave. Yu nuh see him like the german midfielder but them offa him too?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True, but that's just the reality of football now. I had high hopes for your team this season, but it looks like it's going to be derailed even before it start. The Empire needs team like yours to take a few points off our opponents.

Comment

If him wuz really wily, him would lock up Neymar and Ganzo INTERMEDE no matter the price!

Comment

The problem with overspending like City is doing is that I don't think there are any great buys. I saw Manu over the summer and them nuh look bad so unless it is a much better player might as well develop Gibson, The french winger and a few more. Man City buy and may have to get rid of they bought last year while even Berbi and Owen getting another chance.

It is sad to see what happening at Villa as Oniel should have walked at the end of the season. He put the team in a no win spot, and the owner have to act fast and get a coach to calm it down. We may miss out on Steven Ireland because of the unrest but a so it go Villan sed speed.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

a no everybody we can sign like Man City. They also have to be able to fit into the team and our philosophy. A no any and any body can come play for the Empire.

Comment

more importantly to me is quiroz' involvment. he is not a great manager but i think he knows talent and he knows ferguson.

fergie softens them up so that quiroz can coach them...that is a winning combination.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I agree with you 100% Gamma. Perfect combination. For my own selfish reasons I wouldn't mind him losing the Portugal job and coming back home to the Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Mr. President??!!!

Manchester United swoop to sign Bebe as Sir Alex Ferguson pulls off transfer coup

By Sportsmail Reporter
                      Last updated at 11:49 AM on 12th August 2010 New boy: United's Bebe

Manchester United have pulled off another surprise transfer coup by signing Portuguese striker Bebe - heading off interest from rivals Real Madrid.
                      The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the best young talents in Portuguese football and United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has quickly made his move after being tipped off by former coach Carlos Queiroz.
                      The fee is believed to be in the region of £7m.
                      Bebe only signed professional terms with Vitoria Guimaraes five weeks ago but has caught the eye with a glut of goals. He is 6ft 3ins tall, good in the air, quick and has a strong right foot.

Meteoric rise: Bebe takes part in a training game for Vitoria

Ferguson is believed to have met the player for the first time on Tuesday, when he flew to Portugal to be a witness for Queiroz in a disciplinary case with the Portuguese football federation.
                      Ferguson, who has also been linked again with a renewed move for Werder Bremen's Mesut Ozil, hopes Bebe can have an even greater impact than young Mexican Javier Hernandez.
                      Getting his man: Sir Alex Ferguson has swooped to sign Bebe

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0wP8LE3Bf
                      Aaah-Haa?

...has caught the eye with a glut of goals. He is 6ft 3ins tall, good in the air, quick and has a strong right foot.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh start fret yet Karl?

Comment

Working...
                        X