Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason number 1 why soccer going to get bigger

in the US.

The World Cup reflect bigtime in Coke's profit.

Anheisher Busch also state the because of the world cup their profit rise.

Disney profit also show a huge margin for ESPN sports during the world cup period.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Americans are just discovering the most beautiful game on Earth!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

dudus?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...just(?)---- when the US has qualified for the past six (6) consecutive World Cups:

HL...duck!!!!... ...'ere they come with their rant and rave!!!

Oh BTW: I heard that there may be a return leg of the T&T game. Plus Jamaica may be playing Costa Rica?

Now lets see how ram stadium (or wherever) will be; since this is an indicator of football acceptance.

Can't say T&T didden ram their 4000+ stadium to spill over!

A keep telling unu...Jamaicans prefer cricket over football.

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          ...just(?)---- when the US has qualified for the past six (6) consecutive World Cups:

HL...duck!!!!... ...'ere they come with their rant and rave!!!

Oh BTW: I heard that there may be a return leg of the T&T game. Plus Jamaica may be playing Costa Rica?

Now lets see how ram stadium (or wherever) will be; since this is an indicator of football acceptance.

Can't say T&T didden ram their 4000+ stadium to spill over!

A keep telling unu...Jamaicans prefer cricket over football.

A hear yuh!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is not translating into larger attendance at MLS matches. Attendance is down at many MLS stadiums and that needs to improve.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Some teams are seeing bigger numbers however it also transulate to the field.

Teams like New England, DC United and others that are not doing well may not do as well in numbers as they use to do.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                in the US.

The World Cup reflect bigtime in Coke's profit.

Anheisher Busch also state the because of the world cup their profit rise.

Disney profit also show a huge margin for ESPN sports during the world cup period.
                Perhaps its only the World Cup that is going to get bigger.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

HL, if it were only World Cup qualifying, we could say the USA is well on it way. I think what people are interested in seeing is the acceptance of the sport into the mainstream sporting arena by the American sporting public. With all the years of qualifying, Football (or soccer if you may), only gets listed as "Other Sports" in this country. A true indication of it taking set is when it is up there with American football, baseball, basket ball and hockey. Currently many MLS clubs play their games with less than capacity stadiums as the fans are not coming. This needs to change and then I can agree that the game is really being embraced by America.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Some teams are seeing bigger numbers however it also transulate to the field.

Teams like New England, DC United and others that are not doing well may not do as well in numbers as they use to do.
                    Yes, but at the same time, Seattle has an average attendance of over 35K per game over the past 26+ games, so the poorer performing teams may also be suffering from on-field and back office problems.

My take is that the game is bound to get bigger as ESPN continues to promote it. If they stay the course, it will get bigger as most Americans will get proper football (not that dash an' run business) as part of their "daily diet" in sports news. It won't be bigger than American football or baseball for sometime, but it will get bigger - that you can take to the bank!!
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

yes Sir...I'll take it to the bank!!
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                      X